Answered

Arc beeps very 5 minutes

• 25 February 2023
  • 10 replies

Hi All,

Since this morning my Arc is sending out a short burst of 4 to 5 beeps (very fast in a row) every 5 minutes. As far as I know I have not changed anything in the system.

It’s quite anoying. Does anybody have a clue where this sound comes from?

edit : it doesn’t matter if the Arc is on and produces sound, the beep is still hears exactly every 5 minutes.

Thanks,

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 25 February 2023, 16:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Thanks @Stanley_4 ,

I will keep that in mind.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Diagnostics sent to Sonos are usually ignored unless you contact them with the ID number to discuss the problem.

You should submit a diagnostic when you have a problem, submitting one later won’t show the problem. The window is around 10 minutes before the logs scroll off.

I actually didn’t submit a report as it said only on request of the support staff (or something like that) so I wanted to wait my phone call on Monday to create one.

I figured they would throw it away when not asked for…. But you get a reference I understand, and that is something you can refer to with the customer support. My bad… I did not no how that worked.

anyway, submitting a report and keeping track of the ref is always a good idea I see now. Thanks for making me aware.

Kind regards,

Jerry

Go figure…. When I came in the living room this morning….  No more beeps….

Last night until 00:30 I have been watching movies, and sure enough the beeps were there. This morning around 09:00 they were no longer there. Can I see somewhere in my system if there has been a sw update of some kind? Is there a log that I can check?

regards, and thanks again for the replies.

If you did submit a diagnostic report when the noise was occurring and noted it’s reference, then I would still go onto log the issue with Sonos Support on Monday, as they can check your report just to see if all is well with the device.

Go figure…. When I came in the living room this morning….  No more beeps….

Last night until 00:30 I have been watching movies, and sure enough the beeps were there. This morning around 09:00 they were no longer there. Can I see somewhere in my system if there has been a sw update of some kind? Is there a log that I can check?

regards, and thanks again for the replies.

thanks @Airgetlam  for your reply.

I don’t think it is wifi interference, as it sounds like a tone that could come from the Arc…. it sounds a bit like a non-repeating ringtone (hard to explain what I mean) Nothing has changed in the wifi part of my home setup. I will contact Sonos support Monday. 

Thank you for you input, much appreciated.

When I know more, I will report back.

Sounds like there’s some sort of wifi interference sending data to the Sonos, or perhaps even a hardware failure inside the unit. I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic , and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

I have just reset the Arc and added all the speakers again to the group.

Still the same… every 5 minutes...

Hi @106rallye ,

Thank you for your reply. I just tried that, but the sound is still heard from the Arc.

The Arc has no connections to any other device now and it’s still happening every 5 minutes.

Kind regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What if you would disconnect the  Arc from the  TV? Just to see if the sound originates from that?