Answered

Apple TV 4k (2nd gen), Arc and Samsung QE50Q60TAU - Atmos audio loss

• 27 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Sorry another Atmos plea for help.

As per the title I have a Apple TV 4k (2nd gen), Arc (purchased 2021) and Samsung QE50Q60TAU, I’ve had this setup in place since the release of that Apple TV version. I’ve never had a problem with atmos when streaming, but in the last week or so, when I stream a show that has atmos audio I just get silence until I powercycle the TV and then the Arc picks up the format and I can watch the show. Swapping audio format (by going to the main menu) causes the problem with Atmos to happen again.

So far I’ve tried:

• Turning everything off for 5 mins
  • Updating TV firmware
  • Unplugging the Arc HDMI and plugging it back in
  • Perfoming a factory reset on the Arc

I can confirm:

• The soundbar is plugged into the eArc port on the TV
  • I’m using the HDMI cable supplied by Sonos
  • Apple TV has Atmos enabled in settings
  • Samsung is set to use eArc as the output format
  • Samsung TV has Atmos enabled in settings

I’m out of ideas, can anyone recommend anything else I can try!?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 28 March 2024, 17:41

View original

3 replies

Not that I have an answer, but I do have a question that may help others help you. 

You say ‘Turning off everything for 5 mins’. What do you mean by that? Do you mean powering it down by turning off various things with a remote control or a power button? Or do you mean unplugging each device from the wall for five minutes?

Not that I have an answer, but I do have a question that may help others help you. 

You say ‘Turning off everything for 5 mins’. What do you mean by that? Do you mean powering it down by turning off various things with a remote control or a power button? Or do you mean unplugging each device from the wall for five minutes?

Good question! I meant powering everything off at the wall for 5 mins

Useful clarity, I think. But since no one else has replied, have you called Sonos Support directly to discuss it?

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

By the way, please refrain from any further factory resets, unless instructed by Sonos. It rarely fixes an issue, and deletes any data that Sonos might be able to use to assist you.