wrong channel on LPCM after recent update

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

35 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I'm going to try factory reset the tv and try switching to the HDMI cable that sonos arc came with it and hope for the best . 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@GuitarSuperstar that's what I think too. I just contacted Sony support they said to try changing the HDMI cable but I doubt they know what they doing. If other audio decode is working why would it be a cable problem 😑

Userlevel 7

Could this be a software problem on the Sonos instead ?

It could be, but from what you have described, I would guess it is probably a problem with your TV. Like I said earlier, I have the latest Sonos software and I am not experiencing this problem from multichannel PCM audio. I even ran a “DTS Sound Check” test from a DTS demo Blu-ray disc and didn’t experience any issues (other than the known 7.1 to 5.1 down mix problem that Sonos is currently working on). If it were strictly a Sonos software problem, we would be seeing many more people reporting the issue.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Could this be a software problem on the Sonos instead ?

Userlevel 7

@Paul Tsang It definitely sounds like a problem with your TV and LPCM audio. I would contact Sony if I were you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@GuitarSuperstar  just did. It's the same result. Now even LCPM on the PS5 has the same issue, center channel is outputting on my rear left speaker. Very strange. I didn't have this problem on my previous Sony A9G tv . Dolby 5.1 and Atmos has no issue. Just LPCM

Userlevel 7

@Paul Tsang Try unplugging the TV, Arc, and Oppo from power for about a minute and retest.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Tried . Still didn't work. Not sure what's happening maybe it's the new Sony A90J tv problem 

Userlevel 7

@Paul Tsang I just tested a DTS disc on my Panasonic UHD player with the latest update and the center channel dialog is playing as it should with multichannel PCM 7.1 audio.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Someone here with the same player had some issues with playing DTS discs.

Try powering down, disconnecting from the tv and reconnecting when the power is on.  Sonos is apparently working on some fixes with lpcm 7.1 channel functionality but it could be a while before something is released.  If your player has a 5.1 output setting option try that as well.