Answered

When will we have control over the centre channel in the Arc

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

35 replies

Even if you have not signed an NDA yourself, we still reserve the right to act in such a way as to preserve the security of said details - which may result in less-than-desirable actions being taken against said users, on the forum.

If and when that is done to me, I also reserve the right to respond to such an action. Unless your action itself achieves that response of course. It may be time I got out of here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

We test many features and configurations that never see the light of day in production. Having said that, we would prefer it if users refrained from reiterating details read here when they know that the initial sharing of the information on the forum was in contradiction to an NDA. Even if you have not signed an NDA yourself, we still reserve the right to act in such a way as to preserve the security of said details - which may result in less-than-desirable actions being taken against said users, on the forum.

Bit of a stretch, that. I haven't signed any NDA so I am legally and morally in the clear. Anything said in the open forum is in the public domain.

So, you’re OK with murder, as long as you’re not doing it yourself?

I read elsewhere on this forum about a beta going on using separated front speakers for Sonos HT users; perhaps this feature will be a part of that beta and there may be hope then for addressing the effect of this compromise in the bar based Sonos systems today.

And since I am not on that beta, nothing stops me from talking about it:-).

While I don’t expect this to be your issue, be aware that just because the carrier is an Atmos signal, it doesn’t mean that the data ‘inside’ is a full 5.1 or 7.1 signal. 

Userlevel 2

Thanks for the replies.

I’m getting the sound from an Nvidia shield using Kodi set to pass through. The reason I use this is to read content from a share network drive.

I do see atmos etc on the sonos app so I know it’s getting through but admit I may have to go back and check each component for issues. 
I’ll do that and see what we can find. 

I just wish we could adjust the centre speakers as in every other home theatre system.

I think the key thing here is often to ensure that the Arc is getting either a Dolby Digital or Dolby Atmos signal properly. Many of these request have turned out to be because the TV, or whatever source device is feeding the TV is set to stereo. 

Note that I said many, and not all.

But as the other respondents have said, it is unlikely that you’ll get any information from Sonos folks if or when such a feature might appear. 

@Alexsr71,

I don’t personally have any such audio issues with the Sonos Arc output, which is connected to an LG C9 TV in our Home - the speech is clear and life-like and I’m not seeing/hearing the poor audio issues you mention.

I haven’t seen Sonos Staff mention recently that there is anything to fix with the Arc audio, although it’s true that Sonos rarely, if ever, speak about their future development roadmap. Nor have I seen too many requests in the community here asking for HT center channel audio adjustment features, by comparison perhaps to some other requested features, like DTS codec support, or upgrade for SMBv1 etc; just as two examples that spring to mind.

I do suggest however a couple of things that perhaps might be worthwhile trying and that is to maybe test the Arc audio with a different TV, If you have one available, as the current TV audio out might actually prove to be the cause of the poor sound, rather than the Arc speaker …and if that test still points to the issue being caused by the Arc, then to go onto submit diagnostic reports from the Sonos App and make a note of any references and then actually contact/phone the Sonos Support Team and speak to them direct, as they have tools available to them that can check the hardware/software to ensure it’s performing exactly as designed and is not actually faulty in some way.

The Support Staff can always be contacted via this LINK.

Hope that assists.

Userlevel 7

Sonos hasn’t announced if they are going to add this feature so don’t expect any kind of timeline for implementation.

What type of audio are you getting from the Arc? From what source?