Upfiring rear speakers to compete with high end LG and Samsung?

• 18 November 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi All,

I have an ARC, sub and rear SL’s. I previously had a Samsung Q90r. Don’t get me wrong the Samsung had many flaws but its ATMOS sound was very immersive. I don’t really get that from the ARCs ATMOS its a bit half hearted. 

I think Sonos should of released some rear upfiring speakers if its really wants to compete in the ATMOS soundbar market with the likes of the LG SN11 and the Samsung Q90r etc. In all other aspects I love my ARC but the ATMOS needs some more ooph to it.

@Sonos if you can put this request forward. Thank you

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Mitchellsx.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, I totally understand where you're coming from and I’m here to help.

We appreciate your honest feedback with Sonos Arc.

I'll submit a feature request to our development team. We don't have a timeline we can share for this feature, but we'll be sure to make an announcement if we have any updates.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

I think Sonos will eventually make a version of the One or Three with an upfiring woofer in it.

I don't think Sonos is interested in making home theatre exclusive products however an upfiring woofer is beneficial to music as well so music lovers would also buy it to get fuller sound music 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

I think Sonos will eventually make a version of the One or Three with an upfiring woofer in it.

I don't think Sonos is interested in making home theatre exclusive products however an upfiring woofer is beneficial to music as well so music lovers would also buy it to get fuller sound music 

like Sonos does when the Arc is used on its own, when no Atmos is playing the upfiring woofers are used for Bass production and a One or Theee with an upfiring woofer could just make extra bass for music 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

fingers crossed they release some speakers like this soon, thinking of jumping ship to the new Samsung sound bar coming out.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Mitchellsx.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

For the latest news and updates for Sonos you can check this forum.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Badge

Vote+1
Upfiring surround speakers also gets my vote. I was kinda hoping these would be in the recent product annoucement from Sonos. 

Thanks

I am also waiting on rear up firing speakers to augment my Arc & gen 3 sub. Not quite getting the immersive Atmos with 77 inch GX Arc 12 feet from sitting position. I believe it would expand the bubble!!!

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

While up-firing rear speakers will be nice, try have a play around with the position of the current rears. I used to have mine at ear height on stands, but have found having them 12 inches above your head in your seating positions makes a massive difference. Also stops someone else head being in the way if sat next to you. Make sure the two speakers are facing each other towards your ears as well and not facing the tv, as seen a few people have them the wrong way. But it’s definitely changed the system even more having them higher up, especially with scenes of like helicopters flying over etc, deffo feels more like it’s going above your head.

At least Sonos should update the app so the volume ofupfiring speakers can be adjusted separately, like you can with the surround speakers. I guess this already would help a lot and is way easier and faster to realize. But I agree, upfiring rear speakers in addition would be great.