Question

Surround speakers cutting out after 6.3 update.

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Hey guys, we can help find out what's going on here.

The sound cuts are very brief something like 2-3s of no sound from the affected speaker, and let’s say that on an interval of 10 minutes this happens around 6 times.

Then I updated two days ago to the latest version - 6.3 - and now the surrounds are cutting out completely for a second or two erratically (just like Tiago is describing).

tiago and pranapool, would you two mind sending diagnostic reports right after you experience one of these dropouts? This FAQ will show you how to send one, just let me know what confirmation number you get. Make sure you've already tried the above steps of rebooting all your devices (though it sounds like you've both already done so). Ideally, we'd like to see the diagnostic sent within 5-10 minutes after one of the drops.

Thanks.

Hello Ryan E,

Woke up this morning and the issue has returned. I submitted a diagnostic #6314294 - don't know if it helps, but the issue happened while the diagnostic was running.

Let me know what you find.

Thanks
Userlevel 2
Badge +3

tiago and pranapool, would you two mind sending diagnostic reports right after you experience one of these dropouts? This FAQ will show you how to send one, just let me know what confirmation number you get. Make sure you've already tried the above steps of rebooting all your devices (though it sounds like you've both already done so). Ideally, we'd like to see the diagnostic sent within 5-10 minutes after one of the drops.

Thanks.

Hi there,

Thats the confirmation number after I've made the diagnostic: 6312511

Let me know if you see something.
Thank you!

The sound cuts are very brief something like 2-3s of no sound from the affected speaker, and let’s say that on an interval of 10 minutes this happens around 6 times.

Then I updated two days ago to the latest version - 6.3 - and now the surrounds are cutting out completely for a second or two erratically (just like Tiago is describing).

Thanks.

I'll be happy to do that if the issue persists, however, just after I posted my comment I removed my surrounds from the 5:1 system (from the software) and then added them back in. Been playing music for about 30 mins - and now its not cutting out anymore.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Thanks.
If you didn't have an IP address conflict before, rebooting only your router is a good way of getting one. You need to shutdown everything connected to your network and restart it all. Wired Sonos, wireless Sonos, then everything else.

I have the same exact setup as Tiago and was cruzin' for several months without a hitch. Then I updated two days ago to the latest version - 6.3 - and now the surrounds are cutting out completely for a second or two erratically (just like Tiago is describing).

I unplugged "everything" - modem, router, system, tv, etc. - still busted! I have not yet tried to disconnect the surrounds and sub, and then reconnect to soundbar. I guess I'll try that - but I don't have much confidence that it will fix the issue.

Perhaps a software patch?

Damn! - wish I didn't update.
If you didn't have an IP address conflict before, rebooting only your router is a good way of getting one. You need to shutdown everything connected to your network and restart it all. Wired Sonos, wireless Sonos, then everything else.