Question

Sony Bravia and sound dropout issues

• 17 October 2016
  • 27 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6
In the advanced sound settings you'll have three options: Auto1, Auto2 and PCM. Try both Auto1 and Auto2 and see if either of those makes any difference.
Well, just as a guess, I'm expecting if the only thing that changed in your system was your TV, then it's a TV problem.

I'd do a couple of things. 1) Check to see if there's a firmware update for your TV's OS. On some TVs, that's fixed the problem, although I've not heard of any issues on Sony's. 2) Make sure that the settings for Audio on the TV are set up properly. Make sure that your output is carrying Dolby Digital (Bitstream, not PCM). And I'd check all inputs (the DVR, any DVD/Bluray players, Xbox, PS4, etc) to make sure that each device is also outputting Dolby Digital (not Dolby Digital Plus, or DTS, or Stereo, etc). Oh, gosh, one more thing: 3) check to make sure that the connection of the optical cable is correctly seated. Those things are finicky, in my experience, and I usually have to check several times to make sure I've seated it properly.

If none of that works, I'd be talking to Sony, not to Sonos, and asking them about the output of the optical connection.

Good luck!