Sonos sub quiet with music but loud with movies

• 7 November 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
I have a 5.1 setup with a playbar, 2x play 1 and a sub. When I use it to watch movies (usually on an Apple TV device) the bass is loud. When I use it for music (via the Sonos App) the bass is rather underwhelming. I have the music set up to play as “full” through the rear speakers.

When I played some music through the Apple TV today I noticed that the bass seemed fairly loud, and also the music coming through the Apple TV was louder overall than music playing through the Sonos App (I didn’t change the volume between Apple TV and Sonos App).

Is there another setting somewhere that I am missing in order to make the sub a bit more noticeable with music? Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
I got a similar problem, just opposite. Weird?
When im playing music the sub is perfect, bit switching to TV mode and watching movies, i have to turn up for the sub-level to even notice it.
Im also using Apple TV 4.
Can’t get my head around how we are experiences the same problem, just opposite?
Userlevel 1
Badge
What music service are you using?
Userlevel 1
Badge +4
Hi, I don't have the sub yet but it's arriving tomorrow, some of the advice I've had is that TruePlay tuning is essential to getting the best balance. Have either of you tried this (iOS devices only)
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi, I don't have the sub yet but it's arriving tomorrow, some of the advice I've had is that TruePlay tuning is essential to getting the best balance. Have either of you tried this (iOS devices only)

Truplay should set levels optimally. The location that you place the sub can make a difference.