Answered

Sonos linking up to a Oled 65

• 16 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi All

I’m new here.

I recently bought an LG 65 Oled TV, now originally I had an LG led 65, and worked perfectly well linking up with my Sonos playbar, sub woofer and 2 ones, all working well.

It was linked via optical lead, and now the same set up on the Oled. Now I have no sound out of the Sonos, just the TV.

I can play Spotify through the Sonos, but for some reason I can’t get sound from my Sonos system.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 18 April 2024, 02:51

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You’ll probably need to change the sound settings on your tv. 

And honestly, I wouldn’t use optical to connect, I’d use the HDMI-ARC port on the TV. 

Badge

I tried changing the tv setting, but nothing worked.

On my playbar, all I have is a optical output and Ethernet output…. Seems I may have to get the ARC.

Apologies, I missed the fact it was a PLAYBAR.

Because it is that optical connection, you do need to be substantially more careful about upstream connection settings, as @nik9669a suggests. Optical is, for better or worse, a one way transmission medium, and doesn’t include CEC. 

I’d certainly double check the settings on the TV set, and anything feeding the TV set, to make sure they’re capped at Dolby Digital, the best format that the PLAYBAR can carry. And, as @nik9669a suggests, the only variable that changed is your TV, so it is most likely an issue there. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

You need to set tv internal speakers off, and audio output to optical only