Answered

Sonos Beam / LG C7 / TV-box lip sync problem

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7
Isn’t audio sync problems on LG TVs via ARC or optical a known issue with the TV firmware itself? I had audio sync issues before the Beam and they are still there now, though a bit better it seems. Loads of threads discussing these issues on here and elsewhere,
We've seen issues with some of those TVs handling Dolby Digital over optical but want to make sure it's the same problem before just assuming that's the case.

Have you guys got an update to share with us from either LG or yourselves about the optical issue being worked on? LG OLED are basically the pinnacle of TV's at the moment so it would be good to know that Sonos is ever going to be compatible with it after spending so much money.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Isn’t audio sync problems on LG TVs via ARC or optical a known issue with the TV firmware itself? I had audio sync issues before the Beam and they are still there now, though a bit better it seems. Loads of threads discussing these issues on here and elsewhere,
We've seen issues with some of those TVs handling Dolby Digital over optical but want to make sure it's the same problem before just assuming that's the case.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
I am having the exact same issue with my SKY Q box and my beam. It’s very frustrating. The sound is lagging behind the picture, I have the LG 55 B7V.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Magnus, we haven't found this same delay in testing with the Beam and the LG TVs, though some cable boxes have had this issue too. We'd love to take a look at your setup and see what's happening. Can you give us a call on our support line and work with a technician so we can get a closer look?