Question

Sonos ARC- still muddy Bass

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

36 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Yep still have this problem. I have raised a ticket and its with an engineer with whom I have shared video and sound recordings. Its a poor piece of kit considering how long it's been since the playbar came out and how much it costs. The playbar is immense so I'll be returning this assuming they do not have an immediate fix and I'll get myself the playbar again. 

I reported this last week was told to leave with them and yesterday they rma’d it I asked if a replacement would definitely fix it the closed the ticket and didn’t answer 

I just called the support, 

They told me that they are aware of the issues I described and are working on a solution, they also said that it's about the software and not the hardware and that there is gonna be an update that's gonna fix it.

So we'll have to wait and see

Hi.
So they are aware that the problem persists even after the update? Just so I get it confirmed, I have not been able to start a support case yet and wonder if you should just calm down and wait for a fix.

Userlevel 1

I just called the support, 

They told me that they are aware of the issues I described and are working on a solution, they also said that it's about the software and not the hardware and that there is gonna be an update that's gonna fix it.

So we'll have to wait and see

Hi.
So they are aware that the problem persists even after the update? Just so I get it confirmed, I have not been able to start a support case yet and wonder if you should just calm down and wait for a fix.

That's what they told me... The support said that they are working on it and will release new updates, and if the upcoming updates can't fix it, then it's a warranty case.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’ve had similar issues.  I don’t believe the Arc integrates well with the rears.  So bad that I just disconnected rears and put them back in a bedroom. The Arc sounds much more coherent by itself.

I also notice the issue with stereo music reproduction.  This is the one aspect of the Arc that drives me crazy,  I know it can sound great with music.  But when almost all of the left and right stereo sound fires directly out the side facing drivers it’s going to sound bad.  There are left and right forward facing drivers, please route sound there Sonos!

This review may have already been posted here but one more but honest.  I'm surprised by the early reviews that did not notice anything, probably paid by sonos and I will always be critical in the future.  Check out this video.  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4VZxAC4BdTE&feature=youtu.be

I love the sound of the arc but I definitely hear the bass issues everyone is talking about. My deadline to send back is tomorrow. Hoping they find an issue soon. At some point I plan on getting a sub but regardless the arc should work without it. 

Did you send it back?

Userlevel 3
Badge

…..the side facing woofers should be used primarily for bass support during stereo music playback.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @pyro225.

Thanks for the immediate response.

I would like to share that a topic or a thread is closed if Sonos mods were able to see that there were already more than 1 topic of the same issue from the same member posted on a specific medium like for this instance the Sonos community. However this does not mean that the issue is closed without addressing it. It was possibly closed to avoid possible spam. However, Let me assure you that this topic is not closed unless the issue has been resolved and a message will be posted once issue have been resolved.

Please let me know if your still have further questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Userlevel 1

Yep still have this problem. I have raised a ticket and its with an engineer with whom I have shared video and sound recordings. Its a poor piece of kit considering how long it's been since the playbar came out and how much it costs. The playbar is immense so I'll be returning this assuming they do not have an immediate fix and I'll get myself the playbar again. 

I reported this last week was told to leave with them and yesterday they rma’d it I asked if a replacement would definitely fix it the closed the ticket and didn’t answer 

That's bad, I was told to call the support for a solution... But it seems to be a general problem which are lot of us facing

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @bjl.

Thanks for the immediate feedback.

Here is the main thread about this topic and based on the feedback I got from the higher tiers. Sonos Arc Muddy/Bottoming out Bass, this topic on page 38 have a response from one of our Sonos product manager. Please feel free to read through the topic and commend if you deemed necessary to reach out.

I hope i was able to give you the requested assistance.

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns.

Thanks

I kept it. I’ve only heard it a few times and it was mainly when listening to bass heavy music. I do plan on getting the sub eventually and am hoping either this or a software update fix the muddy bass.