Question

Sonos ARC- still muddy Bass

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

36 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’ve had similar issues.  I don’t believe the Arc integrates well with the rears.  So bad that I just disconnected rears and put them back in a bedroom. The Arc sounds much more coherent by itself.

I also notice the issue with stereo music reproduction.  This is the one aspect of the Arc that drives me crazy,  I know it can sound great with music.  But when almost all of the left and right stereo sound fires directly out the side facing drivers it’s going to sound bad.  There are left and right forward facing drivers, please route sound there Sonos!

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi @ALL.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us about your concerns.

We are still as of this moment working with the known issue about the Sonos Arc having muddied without satellites or a Sub. Our engineers are still trying to diagnose what is causing this issue. We do not have any turn around time yet but i suggest subscribing to this thread so you’ll be updated once the issue have been resolved.

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,

Hi Paul

it is very much their with rear channels as well not just standalone 

thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @ALL.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us about your concerns.

We are still as of this moment working with the known issue about the Sonos Arc having muddied without satellites or a Sub. Our engineers are still trying to diagnose what is causing this issue. We do not have any turn around time yet but i suggest subscribing to this thread so you’ll be updated once the issue have been resolved.

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,

Userlevel 1

I just called the support, 

They told me that they are aware of the issues I described and are working on a solution, they also said that it's about the software and not the hardware and that there is gonna be an update that's gonna fix it.

So we'll have to wait and see

Hi.
So they are aware that the problem persists even after the update? Just so I get it confirmed, I have not been able to start a support case yet and wonder if you should just calm down and wait for a fix.

That's what they told me... The support said that they are working on it and will release new updates, and if the upcoming updates can't fix it, then it's a warranty case.

They told me that they are aware of the issues I described and are working on a solution, they also said that it's about the software and not the hardware and that there is gonna be an update that's gonna fix it.

Hi.
So they are aware that the problem persists even after the update? Just so I get it confirmed, I have not been able to start a support case yet and wonder if you should just calm down and wait for a fix.

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

Yep still have this problem. I have raised a ticket and its with an engineer with whom I have shared video and sound recordings. Its a poor piece of kit considering how long it's been since the playbar came out and how much it costs. The playbar is immense so I'll be returning this assuming they do not have an immediate fix and I'll get myself the playbar again. 

I reported this last week was told to leave with them and yesterday they rma’d it I asked if a replacement would definitely fix it the closed the ticket and didn’t answer 

That's bad, I was told to call the support for a solution... But it seems to be a general problem which are lot of us facing

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Yep still have this problem. I have raised a ticket and its with an engineer with whom I have shared video and sound recordings. Its a poor piece of kit considering how long it's been since the playbar came out and how much it costs. The playbar is immense so I'll be returning this assuming they do not have an immediate fix and I'll get myself the playbar again. 

I reported this last week was told to leave with them and yesterday they rma’d it I asked if a replacement would definitely fix it the closed the ticket and didn’t answer 

Userlevel 1

I'll wait a little bit longer and give it a chance, because I like the Dolby Atmos and the wider soundstage... But if it remains as it is, than I'll send it back. As it is now, it isn't worth the money...

I'll wait a little bit longer and give it a chance, because I like the Dolby Atmos and the wider soundstage... But if it remains as it is, than I'll send it back. As it is now, it isn't worth the money...

Userlevel 1

Diagnosis Arc: 1517330714 
Arc, Sub 2x Play5 (5.1.2.): 501970039