Answered

Sonos Arc: Lack of DTS a problem?

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

As I wait for my Sonos Arc to arrive, I’m thinking about all of this way too much. I think I’ve been cooped up at home too long and putting together my first Sonos system is giving me a new project to obsess over. ;-) 

Question: For those Sonos veterans who have put together 5.1 systems for their Beam / Playbar, has the lack of DTS support been an issue for you? And, if so, how have you gotten around it? Have you ever run into a situation where you simply weren’t able to get any audio because of lack of DTS support? 

Thanks in advance for any input! 

icon

Best answer by McMurdeR 16 June 2020, 22:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

35 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

These setting will also work with HDMI-ARC. I use them with my Beam.

These setting will also work with HDMI-ARC. I use them with my Beam.

In sonos app, when I play a dts movie using kodi, it shows stero 2.0, I'll post my settings later today

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

These are my settings. Kodi is in Dutch, my native language. I've followed the settings mentioned in the link above. I do not understand why this works, but at least on my Shield 2019, via my 2019 Samsung QE65Q90 to my Beam (all HDMI) it does.

These are my settings. Kodi is in Dutch, my native language. I've followed the settings mentioned in the link above. I do not understand why this works, but at least on my Shield 2019, via my 2019 Samsung QE65Q90 to my Beam (all HDMI) it does.

I have nvidia shield 2019 too. I'll try those settings and I'll report back, thank you for the pictures.

Do the Beam support LPCM? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

As I understand it at this moment there's no support for LPCM. At least for the Arc they seem to be working on it: https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/lpcm-eta-for-arc-6842558

As I understand it at this moment there's no support for LPCM. At least for the Arc they seem to be working on it: https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/lpcm-eta-for-arc-6842558

Thank you again, I'm aware of the non support for LPCM, wasn't sure if the Beam had support or not. 

Have you used real debrid on the shield and got kodi to transcode dts? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Not completely sure what you mean by your last sentence. I’m using Kodi to play my ripped blu rays on the Shield from a connected hard disc. With these settings Kodi transcodes DTS to DD 5.1.

TVzion is an app, you can use it to stream torrent files without downloading, check it out on YouTube 😊

You can view 80gb movies with out downloading them. You need good Internet though. 

Sonos is playing a longer game.  They're assuming the TVs will all have eARC and will send signal to Arc.  It can pass through audio from many devices. Not Xbox... i ran into same issue.  Streaming good, but blu-ray is better video quality.  But improved wifi, and as time goes on... this arc will be paired with streaming TVs.. its a great system. Check out review. 

TVzion is an app, you can use it to stream torrent files without downloading, check it out on YouTube 😊

You can view 80gb movies with out downloading them. You need good Internet though. 

And also a relaxed attitude towards copyright infringement?