Answered

SONOS ARC cannot switch from music back to TV sound

Show first post

29 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Autoplay should have worked when you turned the TV back on. But failing that, just tap the audio source button (the musical notes at bottom of screen) and select TV.

Thank you for the response John B. The TV was still switched ON when I listened to the track from Spotify but I couldn’t switch back to TV audio once the track had finished. I also tried turning the TV OFF/ON bit that didn’t work either.

I have the same issue with the arc, same TV, oddly with the beam, Alexa ‘switch to TV’ would work, no longer. Also, by musical notes on bottom of screen, I presume this is on the Sonos App?, I don't see a tv option anywhere under this tab?

Thank you for the response. I’ve not been able to get Alexa to work with my LG OLED65C7V and had read that I needed WEBOS4.0 instead of the WEBOS3.5 that is installed on my TV for voice control.

Any updates to this issue?  I’ve had this issue the entire time. My tv is an 85 x900F. This is getting ridiculous. 

I’m thinking of getting the arc. Is this issue fixed yet? I personally hate the idea of having to manually change between tv and music. It’s 2021 lol this should be automatic especially for a high end 800$ priced product!

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @TorbenRasser and @SilverSun.

Thanks for reaching out, I'd be glad to help.

To verify, is Autoplay still enabled on the settings?

I'd like to check first some data on your system to better understand what's going on, kindly reproduce the issue, then submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system and see if there's anything under the hood that might cause this issue.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, we're always here to help.