Sonos Arc + Apple TV 4K + Vizio E-Series (E70-F3)

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

My Sonos Arc is out for delivery and should arrive within a couple of hours. Dying to know whether or not Atmos will work. Will be reporting back soon! 

PS - I’m really, really surprised to see how few Vizio owners seem to be active on the Sonos boards (here and Reddit). Tons of LG, Samsung, and a decent smattering of Sony TV owners, but Vizio seems to be few and far between. 

I’ve got a 2018 Vizio P-Series (P75-F1) w/ a Beam 5.1 setup right now. Have an Arc on order too to test out vs the Beam setup which I am already happy with. Sounds like your Arc will arrive sooner than mine. Interested in if the Atmos works. I mainly use the built in apps and Airplay directly to the TV where needed (i.e. HBO). Also have a Apple TV 4K but it is in the bedroom on another TV. 

From what I read the Vizio does pass through Atmos through DD+ but is also dependent on the apps (Prime Video and Vudu work for sure) and I’ve read conflicting things on Netflix which is supposed to work. Whether Atmos works through the Apple TV 4K though I’m not sure since the TV needs to decode Atmos from the ATV 4K’s Dolby MAT output to DD+.

I have this set as well (P75-F1) and am very curious if it is able to pass DD+ to the Arc. I have a playbar already mounted directly under the set, so upgrading to the Arc is a significant investment (new mount, cable re-runs in the wall to provide for proper spacing, etc...) Really appreciate any first hand experience you can share with the P75-F1.

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hey guys I appreciate this question because I’m also looking for answers as on if I will be able to get atmos on my Vizio v series 2018 70in via HDMI-Arc, I also have a Apple TV 4K? I recently preordered my arc and two fives? 

Fingers crossed for both of us! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

From what I read the Vizio does pass through Atmos through DD+ but is also dependent on the apps (Prime Video and Vudu work for sure) and I’ve read conflicting things on Netflix which is supposed to work. Whether Atmos works through the Apple TV 4K though I’m not sure since the TV needs to decode Atmos from the ATV 4K’s Dolby MAT output to DD+.

Unfortunately for me, I don’t care a thing in the world about the built-in apps. Atmos not working via the Apple TV 4K will be a deal-breaker for me if it doesn’t work (unless the 5.1 Dolby Digital just blows me away with the sound quality). And yes, although I’m not sure if the TV needs to “decode” the MAT container rather than “strip” (for lack of a better term) and pass along the Dolby Digital Plus bitstream, your point is very well taken. That’s the $799 question. ;-) 

Hey guys I appreciate this question because I’m also looking for answers as on if I will be able to get atmos on my Vizio v series 2018 70in via HDMI-Arc, I also have a Apple TV 4K? I recently preordered my arc and two fives? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I’ve got a 2018 Vizio P-Series (P75-F1) w/ a Beam 5.1 setup right now. Have an Arc on order too to test out vs the Beam setup which I am already happy with. Sounds like your Arc will arrive sooner than mine. Interested in if the Atmos works. I mainly use the built in apps and Airplay directly to the TV where needed (i.e. HBO). Also have a Apple TV 4K but it is in the bedroom on another TV.