Question

Sonos Arc

• 2 September 2020
  • 31 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

It’s been years since I worked for Sony, let me go look at a manual.

Badge

@Airgetlam, ideas on what else CEC might be called?  The Sony site doesn’t give much in terms of the setup of this part specifically beyond what we’ve tried.  I can also ask other Sony/Sonos users in their forum.

Badge

I have a Sony 8A similar model to yours, the tv in the shop was a different model, it may be an issue with these models, if you find solution please let me know.

Badge

Same issue for me with Sony A9G, I turned Audio Output->Speakers→ TV Speakers.  It switches for a moment and then reverts back to External speakers.  I tried turning eARC mode to Off just for the TV and it’s still external speaker. Not sure where HDMI CEC is or if it’s called something else on the Bravia. 

Badge

I was in the Richer Sounds shop today and the one there worked properly, same set up.

That’s the way ARC is designed to work, it has nothing whatsoever to do with Sonos. If you want to use the TV’s speakers instead of an ARC device, you need to turn off HDMI CEC, which carries the ARC signal back and forth. Then the TV won’t ‘see’ any connected speaker, and will allow (force) the use of the internal speakers.