Should I upgrade?

• 25 January 2019
  • 2 replies

Currently I have a samsung qled 4K 75 inch tv with a Sonos beam and sub.
Pros- I like being able to control my sound with tv remote and I don’t use Alexa.
Cons-The sound is great don’t get me wrong, just doesn’t give the theater experience I hear with the play bar.

So my question is should I exchange my beam for the playbar and sub and would I still be able to just use my tv remote or should I keep the beam and sub and add a couple smaller speakers???? My goal is to get more true surround sound quality.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Matt55555

Yours is a mixed option question.

Yes, adding rears to the Beam will improve the overall theater sound experience. No it will not increase the front stage presence of L/C/R.

You can add a Playbar or Playbase without adding rears and still increase the front stage presence L/C/R.

You can add a Playbar or Playbase with Rears and achieve the full-on HT effect that Sonos has to offer.

Yes, you'll be able to use your IR TV remote in any of the above

Note: In any scenario your TV has to be capable of passing DD5.1 over optical. You might also consider using Trueplay if you have (or can borrow) an iOS device.

Cheers!
To help clarify. Keeping the sub no matter which setup. The room size is 15 feet by 15 feet. The small speakers I would add is two rear play 1s. Thanks in advance. Can’t wait to hear feedback as I have been going back and forth on this for weeks 😃