Answered

Samsung TV - Apple TV- Sonos Beam frustrations

• 3 October 2018
  • 3 replies

So I have the JU6400 Samsung UHD TV. It has an ARC HDMI port, and 2 other HDMI ports. I connected the Beam with ARC, and Apple TV 4K on a regular (STB) HDMI port. Turned on AnyNet+ from the Samsung menu to have it see the Beam on HDMI-CEC (ARC).
Except they don't want to talk to each other! I have played around with every setting on both devices to have the audio from the TV routed through a "Receiver" (Beam) option on TV, but no sound gets outputted. I have even turned off CEC control in the Apple TV settings without success.

I have read multiple forums here and otherwise and tried with every possible setting, unless I am missing something obvious somewhere. ANY TIPS??

The other route I took from Optical Out from TV using the Optical-HDMI adapter. I got sound, yayyy! Except, then I got to know that the TV is programmed to not output Dolby/DTS surround sound when the input is 3rd-party HDMI input which is Apple TV in this case. Meaning, I am now listening in Stereo!! UGGHHH!

Should this that difficult? Any help is very much appreciated! If I can explain my set up any better, please holler.

Please be that rockstar that I am not!
icon

Best answer by Camkode 5 October 2018, 06:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

From what I've seen, CEC is a very fragile interface, requiring extra care when setting it up. Glad you've got it figured out.
The first fix listed on this thread (disconnecting sonos from tv, power cycle tv) + disabling and re-enabling my cec on my tv menu seemed to have solved my issue for now: https://en.community.sonos.com/site/terms
I believe I am experiencing the same or a very similar problem! I am a new Sonos customer with the beam. Today when I attempted to play video onto my Apple TV, no sound came out.

The issue seems to be with CEC as when I go into the Sonos app and tap TV under browse, it realizes there is a connection issue. When I go through the steps to “fix it” I get the screen that the cec function is not connected- I had this problem earlier this evening and messed around with my devices enough from restarting, changing hdmi cords and ports, and disabling and re-enabling the cec function on my TV that the “fix it” connection steps successfully got to the end and the sound output was working once more.