Answered

Place Sonos Arc above TV?

• 8 December 2020
  • 5 replies

I am putting a Sony 77 OLED on the wall in my living room with a Sonos Arc. The TV will be above the fireplace. should I mount the Soundbar above the tv so that I can get the tv as low as possible? my ceilings are 12' high

icon

Best answer by Simon B 9 December 2020, 21:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Black&Goldman, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. About your question on mounting the Sonos Arc, It is designed to support the tabletop and wall-mounted configurations. Arc requires a minimum of 5.5 inches on the front and sides of it, with at least 2 inches between the backside of Arc and the TV when in a tabletop orientation. If wall-mounting, it is recommended to have a clearance of at least 5.5 inches between the TV and Arc.

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

how far the ceiling should the Arc be located? Is there a range in optimal distance from the top of the Arc and the ceiling?

Userlevel 7

Hi @Black&Goldman 

You might check the post at this link

I am putting a Sony 77 OLED on the wall in my living room with a Sonos Arc. The TV will be above the fireplace. should I mount the Soundbar above the tv so that I can get the tv as low as possible? my ceilings are 12' high

im having the same situation as you. Did you end up mounting the arc above tv? And if you did, how were the results?

I haven't mounted anything yet as our house is still be remodeled.  however I found out that the arc will still function properly with ceilings up to 15’, so the arc can be mounted below the tv and Atmos will still work.  just make sure that the arc will stick out farther than than the tv when the is tilted down. 

hope this helps.  good luck!