Skip to main content
Question

new New Sonos App for home theatre - unstable, unresponsive, broken, problems, frustration, mayhem - iphone users

• 3 June 2024
  • 6 replies

Any tricks for iPhone users with home theaters (player (gen2), 5 player (gen 2) and Sub (3 gen)) to stabilize this train wreck of an “upgraded” app? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

To clarify, do you have a Playbar with a Sub and Play:5 (Gen 2)s as surrounds? What specific issues are you having?

Yup, Playbar w sub (gen 3) and 5 player (gen 2) for surround. 

Specifically:

the app is not responsive 50% of the time, i press buttons and nothing happens

i use Spotify most of the time, or the TV, and moving between the two is very clunky, slow and

unreliable, sometimes just doesn’t do anything except stay hung up on most recent selected song or tv station

sometimes it plays the first song on a playlist whether the spotify playlist is selected -- and then i can’t turn off the music, no matter what I press except the power cord to the equipment. 

the UX is extremely non user friendly, it’s mind blowing how anyone in UX could think the updated design is better than the simple easy version we had working just fine

there are more but this is a good start

any insights appreciated… 

thanks

Userlevel 7

I would start with unplugging the Playbar from power for about a minute and rebooting your router and phone.

i’ll try that again, thank you

:-)

my Arc can not pair with sonos . Green light flash after factory reset. Error when connect to sonos

Arc version 67.1-17109 2022

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Yup, Playbar w sub (gen 3) and 5 player (gen 2) for surround. 

Specifically:

the app is not responsive 50% of the time, i press buttons and nothing happens

i use Spotify most of the time, or the TV, and moving between the two is very clunky, slow and

unreliable, sometimes just doesn’t do anything except stay hung up on most recent selected song or tv station

sometimes it plays the first song on a playlist whether the spotify playlist is selected -- and then i can’t turn off the music, no matter what I press except the power cord to the equipment. 

the UX is extremely non user friendly, it’s mind blowing how anyone in UX could think the updated design is better than the simple easy version we had working just fine

there are more but this is a good start

any insights appreciated… 

thanks

Not an expert but I suspect I will get use to the app design when it’s sorted, probably more a matter of muscle memory. For some having search available on the home screen is probably beneficial and on imagine Sonos has stats on that.

Guitarsuperstar is very good. Hopefully you can nut it out.