Answered

Need some help connecting my PS5 and LG CX to my Sonos Arc

• 13 September 2021
  • 29 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have almost the same setup, but with an LG G1. I have been playing Sekiro on the PS5 with Dolby Digital 5.1 using Passthrough settings, it’s great! But I have 2 rear Sonos Ones as well. Figured I’d at least offer that. I haven’t tried the other route. But agreed with GuitarSuperstar, try them out and go with what works well for you.

Userlevel 7

Usually multichannel PCM is the better option, but go with whatever sounds the best to your ears.

The Arc currently has an issue down mixing PCM 7.1 to PCM 5.1. Sonos is aware of this down mixing problem and is currently working on fixing it.

OK so looks like I have to use Dolby to get it working but it seems there are 2 modes within Dolby which are confusing me. In HDMI Input Audio format, I set the PS5 input to bitstream and in the PS5 Audio output to Dolby. Now I have 2 options here. When I set the digital sound output on my TV to Pass-Through, the Sonos indicates its receiving a Dolby Digital 5.1 signal but when I set it to Pass-through, I get a “Dolby Multichannel PCM 5.1” on my Sonos app. Which would be better for gaming?

Userlevel 7

The Arc currently has an issue down mixing PCM 7.1 to PCM 5.1. Sonos is aware of this down mixing problem and is currently working on fixing it.