Lost surround and sub ( after update ?)

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1604 replies

Everyone still good? Any dropouts after 14.10?

I would maybe lookout for any ‘trolls’ perhaps coming out of the woodwork here too, to try to throw the cat amongst the pigeons. (mentioned here, just in case).👹

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Other than the music hicuo I ran into (that a system reboot seems to have fixed) it has been a rock. Not only have I not experienced a sub loss, I am also getting Dolby Atmos everytime I should, even when skipping between services. It's a happy day. Beers on me.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

So far so good. Going to keep testing this week.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

I really wish they would tell us what they fixed/changed after all of this...with as big of a head ache as this has caused and the amount of time I've seen some of you soend on this, I am extremely curious what it ended up being.

Userlevel 2
Badge

So excited to update and not have to think about this anymore 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hello all,

Today, we released a software update (14.10) that includes targeted improvements on audio synchronization for home theater surrounds and Subs. If you have been experiencing delayed audio or dropouts to your surrounds or sub, this update should address your issue. We encourage you to update your system to the latest software release and to retest your system. 

If you continue to experience issues after this upgrade, please contact Sonos Support so we can help identify your specific issue and work to resolve it. 

Thank you for your continued engagement with the Sonos community. We understand any disruption to your experience is frustrating.  The Sonos team is committed to resolving any issue you experience so you can continue to enjoy your music and listening in the seamless manner you should expect.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’m so pleased this is finally sorted. I’ve got a pile of new Blu-rays to catch up on now!

Thanks to everyone on this group who a) made me realise I wasn’t alone in having this problem, and b) spent time fault-testing and submitting diagnostics to get this fixed.

I’m still waiting for those surrounds to drop at any moment - I think it’s mild PTSD...

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

It was probably just in my mind, and I didn’t experience the original issue as I have a Beam, but I swear last night, that watching a 5.1 film on Disney sounded much better than of late! The surrounds really rocked and honestly sounded better than they have in a while (even though I didn’t actually lose the sound completely before)

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Perfect. 

Just in time for Doctor Strange 2 on Disney+ :) 

Userlevel 1
Badge

After installing the latest patch and transfer my full SONOS theatre system to the BOOST, everything works perfect till now and no surround/sub drop when switch between my PS5, TV and Netflix! That’s great! SONOS should just admit that their patch cocked up and caused users much agony and anger, and also assure us there will be a fix and that will calm the ppl down, instead of pushing the blame to the users and find fault on our network. Their service support sux as well and I am like talking to a broken repetitive robot. Think to play safe, I will disable the update for future patches before this s**t happens again. So far so good and hope it stays this way! Good luck fellow SONOS users.

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hello all,

Today, we released a software update (14.10) that includes targeted improvements on audio synchronization for home theater surrounds and Subs. If you have been experiencing delayed audio or dropouts to your surrounds or sub, this update should address your issue. We encourage you to update your system to the latest software release and to retest your system. 

If you continue to experience issues after this upgrade, please contact Sonos Support so we can help identify your specific issue and work to resolve it. 

Thank you for your continued engagement with the Sonos community. We understand any disruption to your experience is frustrating.  The Sonos team is committed to resolving any issue you experience so you can continue to enjoy your music and listening in the seamless manner you should expect.

We appreciate the fix and you communicating it to us. I'd like to suggest that in the future the company adds some protocol to better communicate with your customers as well as you first level tech support on issues thst appear to be more wide spread. Soooo many of us on here knew we were all experiencing the same issue as well as being aware it wasn't wifi glitch (due to many tests with ethernet connecting, etc), yet were told it was just a hicup as a result of network interference. Hell, I was told on the one call that I was misunderstanding what a sub was, what it does, and what the sound of bass should sounded like. When there is a mass group like this, the first level tech should be able to see that this is an larger issue and in order to properly collect the data they should be pushed through to the next level where they could possibly be hooked up with someone who was aware. I'm pretty sure the data I was trying to send you guys was swept under the rug and labeled as solved by the entry level support techs. Again, we do appreciate the fix though. I bought into the Sonos system because of articles and word of mouth about hiw rock solid the systems were. Hopefully that continues to be the case. Have a safe day.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I’m sure 99% of people who have been on this thread have stuck with it and given Sonos the benefit of the doubt, despite the frustration, because faults like this are extremely rare and we love the products.

I do, think, however, that just a couple of sentences on where this problem appears to have originated from i.e. what actually has been the cause of the echoing / dropping out, would be appreciated. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Now that we’re all back up and running, doesn't the SONOS system sound great?!  haha… “Update Automatically” = OFF.  

As mentioned previously, this community thread played a BIG role in the issue being resolved so to all, thanks again!

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Frank Smith - Mine even sounded better last night and I didn’t even have the drop outs 😄

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

I doubt we will ever get an explanation due to the American litigation scene and the liking for class actions they seem to love doing

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Frank Smith - Mine even sounded better last night and I didn’t even have the drop outs 😄

I thought the same!

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

My surrounds just had more power to them and I have not increased the levels at all. Made me wonder if the issue had affected me without dropping the sound completely?

Userlevel 2
Badge

My surrounds just had more power to them and I have not increased the levels at all. Made me wonder if the issue had affected me without dropping the sound completely?

It does seem that my surrounds (2 x Play 1s) have more coming from them than before. Could be my imagination, but lots of people on here saying the same thing…

Anyway, it all sounds great now!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ainsley002 & @Missionsparta 

I do, think, however, that just a couple of sentences on where this problem appears to have originated from i.e. what actually has been the cause of the echoing / dropping out, would be appreciated. 

I really wish they would tell us what they fixed/changed after all of this...with as big of a head ache as this has caused and the amount of time I've seen some of you soend on this, I am extremely curious what it ended up being.

We are continuously working on ways to improve the experience for our customers.

While not related to the 14.6 update, 14.10 includes targeted improvements on audio synchronization for home theatre surrounds and Subs that will address some customers’ issues with delayed audio or dropouts to surrounds and sub

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Missionsparta  

We appreciate the fix and you communicating it to us. I'd like to suggest that in the future the company adds some protocol to better communicate with your customers as well as you first level tech support on issues thst appear to be more wide spread. Soooo many of us on here knew we were all experiencing the same issue as well as being aware it wasn't wifi glitch (due to many tests with ethernet connecting, etc), yet were told it was just a hicup as a result of network interference. 

For each case submitted by a customer, the Sonos team works on isolating the issue and replicating anything out of the ordinary. We strive to be transparent and accurate in our reporting of an issue and its resolution. In this case, we did not see an increase in reported issues nor were able to reproduce any reported issues that connected to the 14.6 update. 

We do acknowledge that some customers have been experiencing delayed audio or dropouts to surrounds and sub. 14.10 includes targeted improvements on audio synchronization for home theatre surrounds and Subs that will address these customers’ issues.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Missionsparta  

We appreciate the fix and you communicating it to us. I'd like to suggest that in the future the company adds some protocol to better communicate with your customers as well as you first level tech support on issues thst appear to be more wide spread. Soooo many of us on here knew we were all experiencing the same issue as well as being aware it wasn't wifi glitch (due to many tests with ethernet connecting, etc), yet were told it was just a hicup as a result of network interference. 

For each case submitted by a customer, the Sonos team works on isolating the issue and replicating anything out of the ordinary. We strive to be transparent and accurate in our reporting of an issue and its resolution. In this case, we did not see an increase in reported issues nor were able to reproduce any reported issues that connected to the 14.6 update. 

We do acknowledge that some customers have been experiencing delayed audio or dropouts to surrounds and sub. 14.10 includes targeted improvements on audio synchronization for home theatre surrounds and Subs that will address these customers’ issues.

All is well. System sounds amazing once again. Again, appreciate the help, nobhard feelings, keep up the good work, and be safe. Kudos.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Just run the test that always ends up breaking my system.......and the update worked. 

Very happy with this.

Userlevel 1

Definitely appreciative that this day is here. System is solid finally and actually does sound a bit better to me. I’m happy to longer be gaslit by sonos tech support as well. I bought my arc ht setup a week before 14.6 so pretty much all I’ve ever really known is a non functional sonos system and looking forward to experiencing the reputation I was told about prior to purchasing. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

it definitely seems fixed now. cheers everyone! thank you for commiserating with me and helping to troubleshoot

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

First I want to thank all of you that dilligently tried to troubleshoot the problem, sent in reports and stayed the course. I think Sonos owes you a little something extra. Of course I am happy they have finally fixed the issues but WOW, that was an aweful example of corporate communication. As @skullc mentioned it probably has more to do with the litigious nature of America, but they could have reached out to us individually for some reassurance. The outreach that I received was condescending, blaming me and my setup. This is where Sonos needs to be better...  I don't know if I'm going to continue to be a Sonos user after this experience but at least if I sell my stuff I'm not unloading a broken system. Thanks again everyone for your efforts, and hopefully this thread can now be archived.