Question

LG OLED Volume Down not Responding on Playbar.

• 15 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello, Setting up a Playbar to my LG OLED C8.  I read the configurations and was able to get the magic remote to be recognized and both mute and increase volume worked.  However, even though volume recognizes on screen that I am pushing to lower volume, no changes are made on the Playbar.  Thus, volume can be increased but not decreased. Only on the Playbar itself only volume be done manually lowered.   

Let me know if anyone has experienced this and what ideas to fix.  I am using Optical out configuration. However, back to using only the TV speakers until this can be resolved. 

Mahalos,

Ryan

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @RG Honolulu.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as the step(s) that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

• First, try to turn off the TV and see if the volume works, this is also to ensure that the remote outputs an IR signal that Playbar needs. The LG Magic Remote does not output Infrared (IR) signals by default like many other remote controls. It uses radio frequencies (RF) or Bluetooth to communicate directly to the TV or other devices.
  • If you already followed the configuration that is necessary to enable IR output, then another suggestion is to try disabling SIMPLINK for the Optical connection under Settings > Sound > Sound Out.

Upon doing research, I’ve found this thread about the same concern and the suggested resolution is to find the Device Connector Option, here is the link for more information:

https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/lg-oled-c9-magic-remote-and-volume-control-6828525

Hopefully, that helps, and if you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out, we’re always here to help.