Lack of headphone jack

• 3 January 2024
  • 5 replies

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

I am not pleased that the Beam does not offer a headphone jack.  I bought a fantastic pair of headphones and plan to use them to listen to music and tv most of the time.  Since the Beam doesn’t have a jack it will likely be replaced by a new more versatile soundbar or I singly will go back to mostly using my A/V receiver.  Probably won’t bother with any other Sonos products in the future.  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

I am not pleased that the Beam does not offer a headphone jack.  I bought a fantastic pair of headphones and plan to use them to listen to music and tv most of the time.  Since the Beam doesn’t have a jack it will likely be replaced by a new more versatile soundbar or I singly will go back to mostly using my A/V receiver.  Probably won’t bother with any other Sonos products in the future.  

Perhaps you might be interested in this:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paullamkin/2023/12/05/sonos-headphones-landing-alongside-set-top-box-and-a-whole-lot-more/?sh=787ec6546c41

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

So you bought a Beam and are now complaining Sonos has not put something in you're only now have need for?

I’m not sure I’d know where to look for a quality living room soundbar with a headphone jack, to which one would presumably have to connect a 4-5 meter cable that would immediately get in the way. The concept simply jars. 

Most would use wireless headphones, either directly from a TV’s Bluetooth or by hooking a transmitter to a suitable TV output.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

What would you be listening to through your headphones? If it’s music, you might as well plug it into you phone. If it’s tv / movies, most modern tv’s also support Bluetooth so you can connect a pair of Bluetooth headphones, but I have to agree with others here, it’s a strange use case as Sonos is a Speaker manufacturer…

I am mystified… as @Whistler says, why would you expect to route the sound through a speaker of any kind, rather than just listen to the original source (phone, TV etc).?