Answered

Help! Sonos Arc / Sony A1E / Dolby Atmos

• 13 October 2022
  • 4 replies

I’m looking to buy the Sonos Arc for my Sony A1E 65 Inch Oled and I’m curious as to whether or not I will be experiencing true Dolby atmos given the hardware limitations of my tv. 

Apparently, Dolby Atmos requires an eARC input, however, I’ve heard from a few sources that you can still get Dolby Atmos with the ARC input via DD+ conversion. 

Is this setup possible? If not, is there any way I can remedy this situation with any external devices such as a dedicated receiver? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 13 October 2022, 22:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

That’s what he said, yes. It’s an issue with the TV. I’d urge you to read the link he provided. 

Thank you for your response and sorry for the late reply.

So you’re essentially saying it’s possible to experience Dolby Atmos with the Sony A1E so long as I invest in one of the “audio extractors” listed above, correct?

As an example setup using an audio extractor, see the image below:

No you won’t get Atmos with that TV - see the rtings review here…

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/a1e-oled

To get Dolby Atmos from ‘external’ devices only like Nvidia Shield, or Fire TV etc; you can use an audio extractor, like HD Fury Arcana or Feintech VAX04101A etc.