Skip to main content
Question

having problems adding my sub gen 2 to Arc setup

• 11 June 2024
  • 7 replies

Hello all,

just wondering if it’s a known issue or is there a work around to add a second sub to my Arc, gen3 sub and 300 surrounds?

I originally had two subs connected to this system, two 3rd gen subs, but in order to get lossless with my pair of fives I had to unpair my 2nd gen sub to the fives and put the 3rd gen in place. When I finally did that ( btw the app wouldn’t let me unpair the one sub from the arc setup had to factory reset the sub) I can’t get the 2nd gen sub paired up. It took me a bit just to get it back into the system but just not assigned, but every time I try and assign it to my arc setup it gives me the prompt “could not pair”, something about wifi or whether it’s still connected to power. Which obviously it is since it’s still in my list of speakers just showing not assigned.

so long winded question, has anyone else had this problem and did you figure a work around that wasn’t using the 16.1 app. I’ve tried factory resetting my 2nd gen, restarting my phone, signing out of the app. Just having tried deleting and reinstalling the app. 

everything else is working fine enough but I knew I’d find a hiccup along the way somewhere.

Oh and yes the current sub connected is a 3rd gen sub. 

thanks guys!

Gary

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Latest update still doesn’t work. Anyone at all having this problem???? Tried hardwiring the sub, factory reset multiple times. Still comes up with the error make sure connected to wifi or device is turned on. 
Even tried pausing 5Ghz on the router. 

Any ideas???

Is this on Sonos’ radar?

Yeah… my sub stopped working today. Ran updates, reset router, etc. It’s showing as connected to my network and system… but won’t connect to the room that it was a part of even just earlier today. #irritating. I feel like after all of these years Sonos could finally figure out how to AVOID all of these perpetual irritants!! Do they not TEST these updates before they just willy nilly push them out to us??? FFS… 🤦‍♂️

I mean… WTF??? SERIOUSLY guys. 🤦‍♂️

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Exact same message pops up for me.

might take the plunge and factory reset the full works on the arc and hope something else doesn’t f’up

I have the same issue, anyone find a resolution?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Connect it to your router by Ethernet cable and try again. You can remove the cable once set up.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I have the same issue, anyone find a resolution?

I was able to find something that worked in my case. I finally broke down and factory restarted my Arc. Once that was setup I just added each piece back on and it worked. It was the final step I was all out of ideas.

strange enough it was just the Arc that acted like this.