Feature Request: Separate Surround Level Sliders for Side Surround and Rear Surround Channels on Era 300s

• 23 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7

I know a lot of Era 300 users are requesting that the front-facing driver be activated on the Era 300 when used as a surround speaker. Although this would be a useful option, I think an even more important feature would be to offer separate surround level sliders for the side surround and rear surround channels.

I’ve been testing my Arc + Sub + Era 300s setup pretty extensively for the last few weeks. The biggest issue I have with the Era 300s is the rear surround channel levels are much much lower than the side surround channels. This is particularly noticeable when listening to music in Dolby Atmos or 5.1. I have also confirmed this with a 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos Test Tones video. If I had the ability to increase the rear surround channels to match the side surround channel levels, I think this would greatly improve the surround experience with the Era 300s and might even be a good alternative solution to enabling the front-facing driver.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey @GuitarSuperstar , thank you for the post.

I’ve marked this thread as a feature request and forwarded it to the relevant teams for consideration.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I’m the other way around , my rear surround is more quieter than the side surround channels . I’m guessing it depends on how the true play distance was performed . And yes the separate slider for surrounds is a MUST!!!!

This is absolutely the problem with the era 300 in surround mode . The inner rear surround volume cannot be adjusted only the outer surround ! This is why people only listening to 5.1 sources hear very little from surrounds . I’m atmos mode the outer surrounds overpower the Inner surrounds . Turning on the center tweeter in atmos would be a mistake . What is really needed is a slider for the outside and inside surround speakers ! Please Sonos . This should be a very easy fix in software update .