Feature request - Auto EQ presets for Arc.

• 23 October 2020
  • 9 replies

The Arc should have an option to automatically switch EQ settings based on whether you are in “TV mode” or playing music.  

For example, Speech Enhancement is great when watching TV, but does not offer a good music listening experience.  For music, many people prefer to have more bass.  

Having to constantly adjust EQ is not great, but necessary for those users (like me) who use the Arc for both TV and music.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @smorisset, Thank you for your detailed post outlining the feature request, we'll make sure that we'll pass this on to our engineering team as a feature request for the Auto EQ and preset for the Sonos Arc. Rest assured that we'll try our best to improve your experience with our Sonos products and services.

If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to assist you.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

+1 for the feature request

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Agree! I made a thread about it a couple months ago as well https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/feature-request-settings-presets-6846779?postid=16464374#post16464374).Sonos please support please pass this along as it will be welcome by many. 

I agree!  Tuning for sonos arc and other sound bars tend to favor voices for movies which is appropriate but sounds metallic or high bias/unnatural for music.  It would be great to have some sort of music mode that tempers down the surround effects and vocal bias so that it sounds better for music.  

Userlevel 2
Badge

This is very important to fix

Userlevel 7

I’ve been using the Soro iOS app to set shortcuts/widgets for my preset EQ settings. My EQ presets work with just one tap. Read more here:

Came to post the same feature request.  I would even like to take it further than EQ, to Source Profile.  For instance, when I move to TV, I like to have much lower sub, nightime on, speech enhance on, lower bass, etc.  I have to adjust this every time or just live with it going between music and TV.

The Arc should have an option to automatically switch EQ settings based on whether you are in “TV mode” or playing music.  

For example, Speech Enhancement is great when watching TV, but does not offer a good music listening experience.  For music, many people prefer to have more bass.  

Having to constantly adjust EQ is not great, but necessary for those users (like me) who use the Arc for both TV and music.

The lack of a preset EQ is unfathomable. I've seen posts in this forum from 3 years ago asking for the featurea.  So easy for you to add, but so lazy on dev side.  

How bass changes between songs is driving me crazy. My neighbors are going to kill me! In one song bass is fine, the next one all windows are tingling! Please fix!