Answered

dissappointing sound quality home theater

• 11 November 2023
  • 5 replies

I have a soundsystem with arc and sub and two era 300, I have tried EQ in every possible way, manually and even several trueplay, but metal music sounds quite dissapointing i this system. It lacks of drum kick power or clarity, drums barely distinguish. It  feels like a plastic void sound. I find airpods sound better than a system that cost me thousands euros. Furthermor I have two Hércules monitors and a sonos move that sounds better. Now I can’t return my equipment because I bought few months ago, but experience so far is quite dissapointing. I invited some friends home to help me twitching EQ, but they have same opinion, sound quality is very dissapointing for the price.

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 11 November 2023, 12:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You could call Sonos and have them take a look at your system - there might be a defect somewhere. Have you tried doing a Trueplay?

I’m in the same canoe. Just bought Arc and added Sub. Sounds like music is coming out of a tin can. Very disappointed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Sonos has a lot of happy customers, a good number of the ones with issues were helped to get their Sonos working well by asking for assistance here, even more by asking Sonos support.

If you want it working either option can probably do that.

Thanks for your input. Yesterday, I spent 30 minutes on hold waiting for tech support. Then spent an hour on the phone with a very nice lady who tried her best to help me. I’ve tried everything possible. Unplugged, restarted. Adjusted Eq. Ran through True Sound three times. Perhaps I expect too much from my speakers. All I know is my 150 dollar Alexa Speaker has a much better sound quality. I used to be a Bose customer.  I should have stuck with them. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it and I’m happy others are happy with Sonos. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Sorry that you aren’t happy, Sonos can’t fix it and that you are past your free return period.

Possibly look at selling the Sonos online, prices are pretty decent on most of the sites.