Control individual speaker volume in 5.1 setup

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Hi
Is it possible to control individual speaker in a 5.1 setup?

I feel my rear is a little weak (play 1) and want to bump the volume a little

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
Say no more..

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
You cannot change the volume on the play one speakers, individually or seperately through the app. The people above /below are talking nonsense. It is not possible. Is there a sensible person out there who can tell me how to change the volume on the play one speakers because at the moment they are a complete waste of money as they are so quiet as to make them useless. Sonos are NOT a good Company as they do not exp;in things and make it so difficult.

Why are you asking for help doing something that you've already declared impossible?

I'd help you, but I would only be talking nonsense.
You cannot change the volume on the play one speakers, individually or seperately through the app. The people above /below are talking nonsense. It is not possible. Is there a sensible person out there who can tell me how to change the volume on the play one speakers because at the moment they are a complete waste of money as they are so quiet as to make them useless. Sonos are NOT a good Company as they do not exp;in things and make it so difficult.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
I found using 2 x Play:3 worked better than my Play:1 - a much more rich sound. Turning the Play:1 up just made them louder, I actually needed a better speaker.
Userlevel 7
Badge +16
I increased my surround volume yesterday, the link posted covers it.

There is also a "Loudness" setting.
I'm having the same problem. My rears are really weak unless I crank the playbar volume. I want to bump my rears up more, but it looks like I can only change bass/treble. Feeling frustrated.

Did you try following the link in the post directly above yours?
Badge +1
I'm having the same problem. My rears are really weak unless I crank the playbar volume. I want to bump my rears up more, but it looks like I can only change bass/treble. Feeling frustrated.
https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2938/~/setting-up-surround-sound-with-the-sonos-playbar-or-playbase#surround_settings
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
You can adjust the level of the rears in the Sonos App, yes. You can't do them individually, though. I would also recommend that if you haven't done it yet, you run TruePlay, even if it requires spending a beer or two to have a friend come over for the evening to borrow their iOS device.

How do you adjust the level of the rears? I have iPhone and I have TruePlay setup it just I mount my speakers on the wall behind the sitting so I want to crank up a bit more volume due to distance and placement.
You can adjust the level of the rears in the Sonos App, yes. You can't do them individually, though. I would also recommend that if you haven't done it yet, you run TruePlay, even if it requires spending a beer or two to have a friend come over for the evening to borrow their iOS device.