Answered

Connecting two Fives to soundbar

Hello,

We’ve collected Sonos speakers over the course of a few years and ended up with two fives in stereo and two rear-facing ones in stereo. As I understand there is no way to make the front facing fives part of the 5.1 channel that the soundbar + 1’s + sub would create, correct? Is there any way to accommodate them? We really like the 5’s for listening to music, but the 1’s are not a true rear surround now while watching movies. I know we should have done our homework more, but we slowly acquired these overtime and recently moved, which yielded us a very large common space that contains all of these speakers.

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 9 June 2022, 15:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Thank you for the info! Do you know if there is any talk of allowing for a 7:1 setup? I really don’t think i’ll purchase a soundbar unless that happens as I can get away with just airplaying for TV usage.

There are no rumors to that effect.  And IMO, if Sonos were to do something like that, they would go with 4 surround channels rather than 2 additional/wide front channels.  

I think you might be thinking more of a 5.1 setup that uses separate front LCR, rather than al 3 channels in a soundbar.  I tend to think that if that would happen, they would create a new hardware product connect to TV that either has no built in speakers, sends audio to other speakers, or is just a center speaker. But that’s just my opinion, and as I said, there are no rumors around this.

Thank you for the info! Do you know if there is any talk of allowing for a 7:1 setup? I really don’t think i’ll purchase a soundbar unless that happens as I can get away with just airplaying for TV usage.

Hello,

We’ve collected Sonos speakers over the course of a few years and ended up with two fives in stereo and two rear-facing ones in stereo. As I understand there is no way to make the front facing fives part of the 5.1 channel that the soundbar + 1’s + sub would create, correct?

Correct.

Is there any way to accommodate them? We really like the 5’s for listening to music, but the 1’s are not a true rear surround now while watching movies. I know we should have done our homework more, but we slowly acquired these overtime and recently moved, which yielded us a very large common space that contains all of these speakers.

Some people, myself included, have setup one Sonos room for TV watching ( soundbar +surrounds+ sub) and sonos room for music (pair of Fives) in the same room.

Another option is to set your soundbar/room setting to full stereo when playing music, so that the soundbar and rear play music in stereo.  Then you could move your other pair of speakers to another room.