Connecting TV remote for volume control

• 28 November 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge
I just got a new TV and cannot connect the remote control. I went to room settings, chose TV room, remote, remote control setup, and when I pressed the volume + button the soundbar did not detect any signal. I tried doing with IR switched on and off and it didn't work. It's a new LG OLED TV.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Badge
Right - the reason I couldn't set up via the HDMI/ARC port previously was because I didn't realise that only the TV's 2nd HDMI port is an ARC connection. So when I set up again using that I was able to get it working (reenabling the CEC/SIMPLINK as well). Duh! Thanks for the pointers, I got there in the end.
Badge
On my remote it has a help button. Under help it says that there is no remote control if you use the optical output, only hdmi. hmm ok I couldn’t get any signal whe I tried setting up via hdmi but I will give it another go
Badge
Is CEC enables on your LG Tv? no that’s the same setting as SIMPLINK which I disabled
Is CEC enables on your LG Tv?
On my remote it has a help button. Under help it says that there is no remote control if you use the optical output, only hdmi.
Badge
I then followed the instructions for the LG Magic Remote: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3479. My beam successfully detected the + and - volume signals, but couldn't detect the mute. I then disabled SIMPLINK for the Optical connection under Settings > Sound > Sound Out but again my beam couldn't detect the mute button and so again couldn't complete the remote control set up. I'm stuck!