Arc with LG OLED GX - TV setup

• 12 December 2020
  • 30 replies

Show first post

30 replies

Hi team, any update or idea on next steps?

cheers,

matt 

Annazel,

I am getting an error when attempting to connect the TV from the Sonos app. Although it plays well from the soundbar, the app does not recognize it at properly syncing.

I can navigate through the walkthrough and when I get to the test connection step, It returns “ARC mode not connected.”

My diagnostic error code is: 1610412235

Cheers,

Matt

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @MattEa.

Thanks for your response.

At what point you are getting this error?

Kindly reproduce the issue, then submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app shortly after the error occurs, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd review your system further as well as the status of the devices, it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

Keep me posted.

Hi Annazel,

Yes. I have ensured that Simplink is on and the TV speakers are off. The sound is coming through the Arc system via HDMI-ARC. 

Unfortunately, the Sonos app describes that there is a problem with the TV Connection.

The remote is an LG “magic” remote. I have tried the steps in the link for both the “optical” connection and the HDMI-ARC. Neither worked. 

I understand HDMI-ARC is required for Dolby Atmos signal.

What do you suggest next?

Cheers,

Matt 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @MattEa.

Thanks for reaching out, we’d be glad to help.

Upon checking the diagnostic report, there’s no issue found on your system, and Arc’s status is online and connected. 

However, I noticed on the home theater settings that the  ARC (Audio Return Channel) status on the TV is disabled.

When connecting Sonos Arc to your TV with HDMI ARC or eARC, you’ll be able to access hi-res audio formats like Dolby Atmos.

To Enable ARC on LG TVs:

Sound menu→ Select Audio Out (Optical/HDMI ARC). → Turn on Simplink

On some older LG TVs: 

Sound menu→ Turn on ARC Mode → Turn off TV Speakers

NOTE: On some TVs, you may need to select External Audio (Optical/HDMI).

May I know the make and model number of the TV remote you’re setting up?

If that is LG ‘Magic’ Remote, you may see this article that will guide you on how to configure the LG remote.

Let me know how that goes.