Arc and Pansonic Tv

I have an arc, sub and 2 one sl’s. I am planning to upgrade to a new Tv.  

The Panasonic 50HX820B looks good with Dolby Atmos which should, in theory, make the most of my set-up when streaming Netflix or Amazon Prime via the Tv. However it seems to output Arc, not eArc. 

Will that make a difference to my sound experience?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Thanks for the message, the range of options and choices is mind blowing! We will be using the TV to stream Netflix and Amazon Prime - so sounds like we’ll get a decent sound, but not have the fullest range of sound options if we use ARC.

That said, finding an eARC capable Tv isn’t easy. We are after 50inch screen, with a budget of c£600 - any thoughts from anyone?

Userlevel 7

If you want to be able to listen to lossless audio like Dolby TrueHD/Dolby Atmos and multichannel PCM from Blu-ray discs and video games, or if you have an external media device that requires eARC to play Dolby Atmos like an Apple TV 4K, you should get a TV equipped with HDMI eARC. If you only stream from your TV’s native apps, HDMI ARC should be fine. But I would try to find a TV with eARC if I were you in case you ever need it in the future.