Arc and Pansonic Tv

I have an arc, sub and 2 one sl’s. I am planning to upgrade to a new Tv.  

The Panasonic 50HX820B looks good with Dolby Atmos which should, in theory, make the most of my set-up when streaming Netflix or Amazon Prime via the Tv. However it seems to output Arc, not eArc. 

Will that make a difference to my sound experience?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

If you want to be able to listen to lossless audio like Dolby TrueHD/Dolby Atmos and multichannel PCM from Blu-ray discs and video games, or if you have an external media device that requires eARC to play Dolby Atmos like an Apple TV 4K, you should get a TV equipped with HDMI eARC. If you only stream from your TV’s native apps, HDMI ARC should be fine. But I would try to find a TV with eARC if I were you in case you ever need it in the future.

Thanks for the message, the range of options and choices is mind blowing! We will be using the TV to stream Netflix and Amazon Prime - so sounds like we’ll get a decent sound, but not have the fullest range of sound options if we use ARC.

That said, finding an eARC capable Tv isn’t easy. We are after 50inch screen, with a budget of c£600 - any thoughts from anyone?