Answered

Airplay "Unable to connect"

• 4 September 2020
  • 32 replies

Show first post

32 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @dlac10, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Would it be possible to test with the Office speaker connected to the network via Ethernet cable? Does this allow you to AirPlay?

It may also be worth performing a full network reboot - starting with the router, followed by any further Mesh nodes, then each of your Sonos speakers, and finally your Macbook & iPhone.

If this doesn’t help, I’d recommend getting in touch with our Support Team via live chat or phone call - they have more tools available to perform some live troubleshooting with you :)

Hey @stien 

i got mine replace by Sonos. They sent a new one and worked without issues. 

I have some ocasional issues with AirPlay (dropping on/off) but are more related to the mesh network I have setup (Google Nest Wifi) which I haven’t been able to troubleshoot. However once Sonos replaced my old One, the new one works connected via Airplay without issues. 

Hi Xander, 

Did the diagnostic said anything to you?

No, I can’t connect it to the Ethernet cable since I have a Wireless Mesh network at home. The Beam + 2 Ones are connected in My living room wirelessly and they work fine and can AirPlay from it (no issues). Is only the single Sonos One that I purchased 2 weeks ago which does not seem to be working for Airplay. I have factory reset the Sonos One, have turned off/on router, mesh network, modem, etc. 

Hi @Elwin.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community and providing the diagnostic report.
Few things I noticed is the router configuration.

Here are router settings that need to be verified. You can contact your ISP or the manufacturer of the router for assistance.

a. Auto channel must be set to Off

b. Choose best non-overlapping channel (1,6,11)

c. Set channel bandwidth to 20MHz

d. Both 2.4GHz and 5GHz should be enabled

e. 802.11 band should be set to b/g/n

f. Airtime Fairness should be disabled

Try does and let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Thanks Mark. I am using TP-Link Deco M5 router.

Following are my response.

1. No option for Auto Channel
  2. No option for non-overlapping channel
  3. No option to set the bandwidth to 20MHz
  4. Both 2.4GHz and 5GHz has been enabled
  5. No option to select 802.11 band but since 2.4GHz has been enabled, 802.11 b/g/n is enabled.
  6. No option to select Airtime fairness.

I hope you see other things that I can try?

Thanks.

Mark, any other things I can try?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Sonos Team,

I too have the same problem with streaming audio from my Mac and iphone, although i have been able to stream before. Currently still able to stream music via Spotify and other skills supported by Sonos , but unable to play others audio through airplay.

The sonos app is on the lasted update, Mac is on BigSur (11.2) and iphone is on 14.7.1

I have done tones of factory reseting and still nothing works. currently, using 2.4 GHz band wifi. 

The speaker was recently fixed, since there are ants living within the speaker, by a third party since Vietnam does not have a certified retailer. But i find it odd that i can still connect and play music fine, except the Airplay function. Please help

I’ve created a diagnostic report: 68976479

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Liz Dao 

As you have UniFi, I recommend you disable Airtime Fairness on your UniFi system. Reboot Sonos afterwards and test. 

I hope this helps.