5:1 Surround Sound..Help.. Totally lost !!!

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Under Settings, System, Products do you see the room with the Beam listed as “Lounge (+LS+RS)” or whatever your roomname is? If so, they are bonded as surrounds.  

Badge

Hi nik9669a

I already had the Beam configured then added the Sonos Ones after. So do I need to set up everything again from scratch ?

How can I tell if set as a Stereo pair or Bonded to the Beam ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Do you have the rear (surround) speakers set up as a stereo pair, or bonded to the Beam as surrounds? Some owners had accidentally set them as as the former, rather than the latter. 

Badge

Thanks for your reply 106rallye.

Even though when connected to the PS4 & it shows Dolby 5:1 coming in I get no sound whatsoever out of the 2 Sonos Ones which are set up as the rear Left & Right Speakers.

Regards Tv Audio settings I have 3 options PCM linear , Dolby Digital , Dolby Digital + & i've tried them all, likewise on 4K player that is set to Dolby Digital but NO sound comes from rear Sonos Ones ?! 

I am very frustrsted & disappointed thus far as believed this to be a very good System to have as a Wireless 5:1 Surround Home Theater set up.

So if you know how I can get all my Devices Tv PS4 4K player to emit DD5:1, I more than welcome & appreciate the help.

Cheers 

Colin

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Since Sonos states you have DD 5.1 from your PS4, the only problem areas seem to be the TV itself and the 4k-player. Those seem to be feeding stereo to the Beam, so the rear speakers are silent. The solution to your problems with the TV and the 4k-player can probably be found in the sound set up on both devices. Try to get them to emit DD5.1.