2020 Samsung qled + AppleTV 4K + Arc = no sound

• 14 August 2021
  • 37 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

37 replies

I have the same issue. 
samsung frame tv 2021

apple tv 4K 

Sonos beam gen 2  

hulu, Netflix seem to have the most problems 

I have this exact same setup and exact same issue! It’s infuriating. I can eventually get sound working by start/stopping random movies on Netflix/Amazon/etc but it’s totally random. I have to spend 5 mins trying to get sound working before a movie. 

it never happens with YouTube, Sunday ticket, Disney+ or games. It always happens with Netflix and Amazon

I changed my setting on audio to always be Dolby Digital 5.1 instead of stereo. Whenever the TV sends stereo, it messes up. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I do not think cables need to be changed for transporting sound. Images need high speed cables, sound (even in uncompressed form) do not. As I understand it the standard cable Sonos packs with the Arc is 1.4.

I think the problem is the cables. I think you need HDMI 2.1 (8k) cables to get Dolby atmos. Both between apple - tv and tv - arc. 

Userlevel 7

Is Anynet+ (CEC) enabled on your TV?

Does anything change if you disable the Dolby Atmos Compatibility setting on the TV?

Do you get any audio if you set Change Format to On and select Dolby Digital on the Apple TV?

You might also try connecting the Apple TV to a different HDMI port.

Badge

Unfortunately that doesn’t do the trick

Sonos hdmi cord for the Arc and a new 4K@60Hz, 18Gbps hdmi for the Apple TV (at least I think that’s the one on there)

Userlevel 7

Make sure the TV has the latest firmware installed and unplug the TV, Apple TV, and Arc from power for a couple of minutes.

What HDMI cables are you using?

Badge

I believe it’s 3, it’s in the only e-arc

hdmi-eArc is set to auto

digital audio to pass through

Userlevel 7

Is the Arc connected to the HDMI 3 port on your TV?

Also be sure you have HDMI eARC set to 'Auto' and Digital Output Audio to 'Passthrough’ on your TV.

Badge

Please post your current audio settings on your TV and Apple TV. Also tell us your specific TV model.

TV: QN75A85AAFXZA (updated- version 1506)

TV audio: Receiver (HDMI-arc)

Apple Audio Settings attached: no other option to change ATV audio output from tv speakers unless you change audio format 

Userlevel 7

Please post your current audio settings on your TV and Apple TV. Also tell us your specific TV model.