14.14 is out, did it fix Arc+Sub for you?

• 23 August 2022
  • 84 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

84 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

my PlayBar + Sub + Surrounds still sounds way better than the Arc + Sub + Surrounds even with the 14.14 update.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I was just on a support call and I’ve been told that this 14.14 update was for some other thing, and doesn’t inlude fix for Arc+Sub 😮

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

After a month of waiting, they don't fix the issues their customers are pointing at, and instead update was for other things, then I honestly think it's time to sell all the gear from Sonos and get the Sony hta9's.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I’ll keep saying it, they have trashed their single most expensive flagship. Sound profile and volume map is totally different to every other piece of the product line, within my setup at least. That’s why my 1SL’s as part of the surround on default EQ and volume levels sound louder than the Arc, especially if I turn them to ‘Full’ on Music playback. I remain astonished why they had to change the Arc, it benefits nobody. If people had dialogue issues, use the existing feature button. If they still had an issue, return it.

Aside from Peter Pee, I’m very surprised the tech world has not reacted to this situation yet. Sadly, the only award the Arc would win at the moment is for ‘Most Expensive-Worst Sounding’. Fingers crossed about the awareness of this high up within Sonos, their credibility is certainly shot and will take a very long time to regain.

Badge

Throughly disappointing that this 14.14 update seemingly hasn’t touched the sub issue, at least in my case here after performing the update and redoing TruePlay as of 5 minutes ago.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

It seems Sonos has released another update having the same version number but i guess the build number could be different. Can anyone confirm that please?  I did the upgrade 14.12 to 14.14 last night, but I am surprised to see another update from Sonos with the same version number. 

The second update is for the hardware 

Updated mine earlier. Running just the Arc and sub Gen 3. I retuned trueplay. To me it sounds better than it was but by no means anywhere near as what it should. Still a huge drop in bass. Clarity is on point but if I youtube a bass test and toggle between trueplay off and on there's still a huge difference. Gonna keep it off until Peter Pee can advise on an alternative solution.

Come on Sonos, wtf is going on there?

This update just broke the ipad mini 2 trueplay IOS 12.5.5 -this os no longer supported 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I was excited to do the update but then remembered Sonos doesn’t actually care about their customers.  They roll out these updates weeks after people have been complaining.  I ended up proceeding with the update and as I thought, there was no change in sound.  I have an Arc, Sub gen 2, Sub gen 3 and 2 Sonos One’s.  The subs are set to +10 whereas they were set to +4 before.  The volume is still terribly low.  I have to put the volume up to at least 50/100 now on my tv to hear anything, but this started with 14.12.  They literally don’t give a *** since you already bought their product.  I’ve tried talking to their support for help but their only reply is to factory reset all the speakers, who has time for that? and then the pain of adding them back to Sonos.  

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

my PlayBar + Sub + Surrounds still sounds way better than the Arc + Sub + Surrounds even with the 14.14 update.

I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on an ARC last month, Playbar Sub and Surrounds will do for now.

Won't be an ARC taking it's place that's for sure.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I was excited to do the update but then remembered Sonos doesn’t actually care about their customers.  They roll out these updates weeks after people have been complaining.  I ended up proceeding with the update and as I thought, there was no change in sound.  I have an Arc, Sub gen 2, Sub gen 3 and 2 Sonos One’s.  The subs are set to +10 whereas they were set to +4 before.  The volume is still terribly low.  I have to put the volume up to at least 50/100 now on my tv to hear anything, but this started with 14.12.  They literally don’t give a *** since you already bought their product.  I’ve tried talking to their support for help but their only reply is to factory reset all the speakers, who has time for that? and then the pain of adding them back to Sonos.  

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Absolutely nothing will get this thing back to how it sounded and acted in 14.10. No matter what Sonos Support and the superfan  payroll wannabes on here suggest, nothing will put it back to how it should be and for the sole reason of buying it in the first place. I'm done with hearing suggestions of what could be done, nothing can be done except for them to admit full responsibility for an utter shambles of an update, sheer customer dissatisfaction and to give us 14.10 back. My passion and admiration for this setup has now been completely shattered and I'm left with the anxiety of an unknown fated, depreciating pile of costly investment that I'm sick of listening to now.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

This is beyond a joke now. 5 weeks in and another terrible update. I will never understand why you didn’t just leave 14.10 alone. That was when my system sounded the best it ever did. I’m disabled and spend 99% of my life in my house where I have Sonos speakers running 24/7. The anxiety and frustration has left me physically sick everyday. I never thought I would be in this position after spending thousands on sound equipment. Everything sounds horrible, especially music. I just want my system back to normal. 

Userlevel 1

Just updated to 14.14. The issue with Arc+Sub is not fixed. Anyone with better luck?

Same issue. I had to put my sub to +3 and fix the treble to kinda make it sound ok but not happy 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Beam 2 + 2sl + sub3  - even with beam the sub is broken , got it set to +15 and it still sound terrible and no bass whatsoever... Before I had it +7 and it was plenty loud... This whole system is now absolute garbage .... Get back to 14.10 NOW!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

ROLL BACK TO 14.10!!!

Just updated to 14.14, lo and behold, there were no sound from my One SL surrounds and sub! The Sonos APP could not find the devices and I was ask to reconnect. Took me a while (restart router … on/off spakers/sub …) but got nothing in the end. Connection failed. I decided to leave them alone and out of a sudden the surround (only the right side though) and sub came back to life. Still cant get the left surround to reconnect.

Come on Sonos. This is ridiculous and unfair. Buck up and fire those useless team running the show before your customers dump your speakers for good. 

Badge

Never got to experience 14.10...I asked a tradesman home entertainment /automation installer with many years experience about upping to surround without amp and large speakers and said Sonos beam was best bang for buck.Bought arc/ sub combo to push it up a step...had to update to 14.12 immediately to set up...sounds way better than old soundbar but I wonder what the old version you guys keep saying is so great sounds like...I am a newb here .Maybe I should have stuck with Sony that has never let me down with anything...Expensive lesson unless they fix this I guess . sounds a little sterile and lack of real eq and levels is pretty weak. Peter P is the man with tests to prove it.Was thinking of getting sl1’s for rears but holding off now. trying to angle arc to get height channel to be over head instead of over tv. I know ceiling fan probably the problem but no way to add ceiling speakers as height channel with this system. 14.14 changed nothing for me

RWPM;

Unrelated, but operating ceiling fans will tinker with the height channels and ceiling speakers. The Leslie Speaker deliberately invokes this effect.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Sonos - let’s all just quietly walk back from these “enhancements” and enjoy 14.10 the way we like it. We won’t even acknowledge this massive screw up ever again. We promise. 😃 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Just updated to 14.14, lo and behold, there were no sound from my One SL surrounds and sub! The Sonos APP could not find the devices and I was ask to reconnect. Took me a while (restart router … on/off spakers/sub …) but got nothing in the end. Connection failed. I decided to leave them alone and out of a sudden the surround (only the right side though) and sub came back to life. Still cant get the left surround to reconnect.

Come on Sonos. This is ridiculous and unfair. Buck up and fire those useless team running the show before your customers dump your speakers for good. 

Happened to me also. I unplugged and reset  everything including router, in the order prompted by the app. Worked after that for me. Worried about it for a bit but all okay after 24 hours.

I installed 14.14.  Wasn’t much different.  Out of frustration removed both subs and added them back. My system sounds like it used now.

Badge

I’m very sad to report that 14.14 has not fixed the sub issue for me at all. I updated, ran Trueplay again…

With Trueplay enabled, mid-bass is boomy and low/sub-bass is gone. With Trueplay off, sub bass is strong and mid-bass is lacking. Neither sounds great. For now, I have Trueplay off with Bass +6 and Sub +6 (my settings before 14.12 were all 0) but it still just doesn’t sound right.

Very frustrating. 

Badge

Out of frustration removed both subs and added them back. My system sounds like it used now.

Did you run Trueplay again? I may try this to see if it helps...

Yes I turned it on. I did not retune. 

The 14.14 update did nothing to correct the low bass output from my setup -- Sonos ARC + (+subx2+LS+RS) when TruePlay is on.  Not sure what Sonos did here but my system sounds like garbage after this update.  With TruePlay turned off, the sub sounds as it should with more potent bass.  Hopefully they can get this resolved soon.