Sonos Ace: Sound Swap & Head Tracking in Laymans-Speak

Userlevel 7

I hope this information helps with the understanding of the features discussed below as there have been quite a few posts on the subject(s).

Sound Swap

• This process occurs with the Sonos Arc over the 5Ghz channel generated by the Arc.
  • The process is similar to that used when surrounds and/or sub(s) are bonded to the Arc to send them surround data and low-end effects. *
  • Don’t over think the process.
  • Even though the Ace headphones and Arc communicate over 5Ghz the Ace headphones will not join your local network over WiFi.

Head Tracking

• This feature is primarily designed to be used with Spatial Audio content. As you move your head everything remains focused for true awareness. It works very well.
  • Head Tracking once activated remains on until you disengage it in the app.
  • Please know that if you are listening to stereo music through your device (over Bluetooth or Direct connection) with Head Tracking activated turning your head 90 degrees to the left or right will cause the sound to drop from the opposing ear cup.
  • The aforementioned is normal behavior. 
  • Your Ace headphones are not malfunctioning. 
  • Turning Head Tracking off will resolve the phenomenon.

Read my commentary on the Sonos Ace headphones with a comparison to Apple Airpods Max at this link. Enjoy you Ace headphones. I’m really enjoying mine.😊

Want to learn more about the Sonos Ace from Sonos?  Mark the date below on your calendar.

* Sonos has promised to bring this feature to the Beam (Gen1/Gen2) and the Ray

0 replies

Be the first to reply!