headphones?????

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

WTF!!! Headphones ? Seriously!!! Get the * app working properly why would you want headphones for a 20+ speaker system!! Just put a couple of I pods in your ears!!! Perfect sound and cheap!!!!

yse the research money on making an app that is fit for purpose !!!!

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

3 replies

Hi @will_26,

I guess the launch of the long-awaited, and much-anticipated headphones is the reason Sonos wouldn’t unwind the V80 app update, because that contains new code for this new product. Sonos management obviously decided it was a net (profit) win the go ahead with the headphone launch and V80, rather than roll back the app and defer the launch. 

I’m clinging to the old iOS app (auto updates firmly switched off) until V80 shortcomings with alarms, sleep timers, and queues are rectified and the “noise” on this forum has settled down. 

And will I buy the headphones? Possibly not as I love my iPhone AirPods Pro.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Desperate move

https://www.channelnews.com.au/sonos-goes-from-bad-to-worse-as-analysts-question-future-plans-including-headphone-market-entry/

How very useful to have this new menu item added to the S2 app.  Excellent response to users' requests. Sadly when activated it enters into a infinite search for headphones which don’t exist.