Skip to main content

I have a number of sonos devices, 4 subs, an arc, a beam, 6 ones and a roam as well as ace headphones. Whenever I add the headphones to the sonos app it works to start with but once I've closed the app it will force close once I try and reopen it. I have to clear the apps storage and then discover my system and login making sure the headphones are not turned on. This then enables me to use the other devices and I can still use the headphones as long as I don't open the app when they are turned on. I've reset the headphone numerous times etc but no matter what I try the same problem occurs. This is on Android and using the latest app that was released a couple of days ago but has also been the case on the previous versions too. Has anyone had this problem and if so is there a fix for it?

I'm having the same problem on my Samsung S9+, Android v10, current Sonos version 80.07.05. Once Sonos Ace is setup it's a somewhat non-intuitive process to get TV Swap working. At that point Ace works well in the app but there are occasional annoying but tolerable audio dropouts -I'm just happy to finally get it working.

Then… when I re-open the app later, with Ace powered off it immediately crashes.  The only solution I've found is to reinstall the app.

Unacceptable

Factory Reset ONLY the Ace, set them up again.

That seems to solve many Ace related issues.

Reset the ace many times, this doesn't fix it for me.

Contacting Sonos Support sounds like the next step you need to take.

So I contacted support but got cut off before I got anywhere. However I think I may have resolved the problem. The diagnostics apparently showed that I was having intermittent connection problems with my sonos system as a whole despite not noticing any problems. I use sonosnet via an ethernet connected beam gen 2. I have two unused boosts which have just been stored in a drawer. So I swapped the beam for one of the boosts and hey presto my app is much more stable and the ace headphones connect to the app all the time now. The app occasionally crashes but I think this is down to my mesh wifi/mobile phone incompatibility. I know when I roam around I lose connection to my local devices such as home automation hubs etc. I presume it's something to do with arp on my phone as my wifes phone is fine, after a little while in one place all settles down and I can connect again. I think the app crashes now are related to this. 

Unfortunately the problem came back after a few days. No idea why, nothing changed. I guess it is just because the app really is so shit!