Answered

No sonos devices found when RE setting up google assistant

Badge

Randomly stopped working would say try again in a second when giving any command. so i unlinked removed google assistant and then re added the sonos to google home and it will not find my devices. none of the forums topics etc that ive read through have fixed this issue and im seriously sick of having spent thousands of dollars for it to barely work. its absurd how expensive these products are for such terrible service. If anyone has a solution please let me know.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 8 June 2021, 13:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Schaeferhj 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

The first thing I recommend is to reboot your network, your Sonos devices, and your phone/tablet and then try again.

If that doesn’t help, please try from another controller, if that’s an option for you.

Do you have any WiFi boosters or extenders? If so, please try with them turned off.

Finally, if things still aren’t working, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

I hope this helps.

Badge

Done all of these things. Doesn't work regardless. Tech support was worthless. I'm getting real tempted to sell these off and find a company that doesn't have issues constantly. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Schaeferhj 

I tried to look into your support case for some more details, but I can’t find a case under your account.

I recommend you make sure both Sonos and Google Assistant/Google Home apps are up to date.

If that doesn’t help, please get in touch with our technical support team on +1-800-680-2345.

Badge

Guess I'll try the support team. But like. 1000% I will not waste my time with basic tech support so it'd be nice to know that I can get elevated 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Schaeferhj 

If the tier 1 agent you speak to cannot resolve the issue, then your case will be escalated to the next level. As you don’t seem to even have a case as of yet, there isn’t a way to escalate, even if I were allowed.