Answered

Google Assistant - Samsung TV 2020 - SONOS BEAM - TV will not turn "OFF", all the other voice commands work

• 11 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello Guys,

I have the sonos beam and google assistant installed.

I have a Samsung 2020 TU8005 TV, the google assistant will not “TURN OFF TV”.

The system works great - “TURN ON” “VOLUME up down”, etc… all of them work.
But “TURN OFF TV” does not work.

Any idea?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 14 January 2021, 09:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi there @Matiasdosreis.

Thanks for reaching out, we’d be glad to help.

You may check this article that is designed to help you get the best results when using the Google Assistant on Sonos, then follow the guidelines if you’re having issues:

Help and tips for Google Assistant on Sonos

Upon doing research, I’ve found this relevant thread (though the TV in use is of a different manufacturer), there are suggestions that might help you with this case, here’s the link:

https://en.community.sonos.com/smart-home-integrations-229108/can-no-longer-turn-off-vizio-tv-with-google-assistant-and-sonos-amp-over-hdmi-arc-6831373

Let us know how that goes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I own a Samsung and needed to link my SmartThings account to GA. I can now say “hey Google, turn off Samsung” and my TV turns off.

Mod Edit: removed typos prior to marking as Best Answer.

Badge

I own a Samsung and needed to link my SmartThings account to GA. I can now say “hey Google, turn off Samsung” and my TV turns off.

Mod Edit: removed typos prior to marking as Best Answer.

THIS! Answer SOLVED the problem! Amazing!!

thank you “BEST ANSWER”