Answered

Google Assistant Alarm too Quiet on Sonos One

• 23 February 2020
  • 35 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

35 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi folks,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the Sonos Community. I appreciate for bringing your concern to us and letting us know about it. Let me help you figure out what's happening.

You can use alarms to wake up to your favorite songs in the morning or set up reminders throughout the day in the Sonos app. 

The alarm sound can be changed to your desired volume limit. You can also create a playlist from your music service and linked it with the alarm you want to play with it.

When you command Google Assistant to set up an alarm on Sonos devices, it may or may not work. It's a cloud-based/assistant alarms and it's not visible with Sonos. This means that they are not synced. 

Alarm sounds are only played from Google Nest and Home speakers or displays. Alarm sounds don't play on other Cast devices (ex. TVs, other speakers) that are associated with your Google Nest or Home device.

Reference links:
https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7071598?co=GENIE.Platform%3DiOS&hl=en&oco=0

https://support.google.com/assistant/answer/9275058?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

If you're having this issue, please run through our troubleshooting guide about Google Assistant.

The Sonos Community is always here to help.

Sonos shouldn’t be touting Google Assistant support if basic things like setting alarms and shuffling music using voice commands don’t work.

If community support keeps referring us to the Sonos app then what is the point of Google Assistant and voice commands?

Google Assistant support really is so lackluster that you keep referring us to the app. This shows us how badly Google Assistant is integrated on Sonos devices and that this needs to be fixed.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi folks,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the Sonos Community. I appreciate for bringing your concern to us and letting us know about it. Let me help you figure out what's happening.

You can use alarms to wake up to your favorite songs in the morning or set up reminders throughout the day in the Sonos app. 

The alarm sound can be changed to your desired volume limit. You can also create a playlist from your music service and linked it with the alarm you want to play with it.

When you command Google Assistant to set up an alarm on Sonos devices, it may or may not work. It's a cloud-based/assistant alarms and it's not visible with Sonos. This means that they are not synced. 

Alarm sounds are only played from Google Nest and Home speakers or displays. Alarm sounds don't play on other Cast devices (ex. TVs, other speakers) that are associated with your Google Nest or Home device.

Reference links:
https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7071598?co=GENIE.Platform%3DiOS&hl=en&oco=0

https://support.google.com/assistant/answer/9275058?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

If you're having this issue, please run through our troubleshooting guide about Google Assistant.

The Sonos Community is always here to help.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Noticed this as well. On my google home mini speakers, alarm volume can be independently set regardless of how loud music volume was. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Not being able to control the volume of alarms set using Google Assistant is absolutely pathetic. Don’t call this a Google Assistant speaker if the alarm function is basically useless.

If I am listening to music at 25% volume then the alarm will sound at that volume too, which is so darn stupid.

Only one of many things not working as they should with Google Assistant on Sonos.

Sonos, fix this.

How can this whole alarm business - including fading in/incremental alarm volume - remain unresolved? Sonos, improvements in this sub-par feature has been missing and requested for years. 

Same complaint here! Using Sonos Arc, alarm is useless as it is too soft!

Was looking forward to getting a Sonos Beam to replace the Google Home in my bedroom, but the Beam won’t be able to take over the duty of waking us up in the morning. This is such a shame and an unexpected deal breaker!

I’m having the same issue on my Sonos One with Google Assistant. The volume of the alarm is too quiet making it useless as an alarm. Hoping for a quick resolution to this issue as it is important for my use of Sonos One with Google Assistant.

Same issue on the Beam.  The alarm is very quiet and if other things are going on can easily be missed.   I use a Goggle Nest in the bedroom and I have no problem hearing that alarm.

Also having this same issue.  Been searching for a while and haven't found much as far as answers go

Hi Nick, I understand that you can setup a routine with Google Home, but the volume control you are asking about is not a supported feature with Google Home and Sonos. I would be happy to add your voice to our other customers who have been requesting this feature and forward this on to our engineers.