Feature Request : Google Assistant Voice Match Music Account Selection

• 2 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello Guys !

I use a few Sonos in my house (two five and a sub + four one) all the Sonos One have Google Assistant enabled with voice match to identify family members speaking.

When someone from the family talk to Google Assistant asking to play music, the Sonos play using Spotify (music provider configured in Google Assistant) but it take the last account used in the sonos app.

It should be great to identify the spotify account (or other music providers accounts configured on the Sonos App) based on the voice user that ask to play music : 

I suppose it is possible to identify the google account associated to the voice that is talking to Google Assistant then use this account to match the spotify or other music providers configured on the Sonos App to play with the good account. Maybe renaming the spotify account on the Sonos App to match the google address used by Google Assistant to help identify the account owner or something like that ?

Thank you guys to make it possible 😉

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @tdesaules 

Thanks for your post! I’ve marked it as a feature request, and the relevant teams will find it for consideration.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thank you @Corry P I hope the description is revelant enough