Answered

Why is my Sonos 1 speaker not recognized on Sonos.com for registration or upgrade

• 7 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi - all of my other speakers, amps, and subs show up on my registered products list, and all the legacy devices show on the upgrades page except for one speaker, a Sonos 1. This speaker does show up on the S1 app. 

How do I register it and also make it eligible for an eventual move to the S2 architecture.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 7 October 2023, 20:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Is it a speaker that you have used previously. or have you purchased it used? If it’s the latter, do you know if it was previously used on an S1, or S2, system by the previous owner? 

As an example, if it was previously operating on an S2 Sonos system and you want to now use it on S1, you will first need to factory reset and downgrade the speaker as outlined in this link;

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/downgrade-a-sonos-product-from-s2-to-s1

If you want to move the speaker to S2 later on, then either use the S1 App compatibility checker, or reset the device and add it to the S2 HH using the ‘Add Product’ option in the S2 App.

Once you have added the speaker to your S1, or S2, system contained within your Sonos account, it will then show up in your Sonos profile (which has the same login/account credentials).

Hope that information assists and answers your post here.

It does raise the specter of what speaker this really is. There is a Sonos PLAY:1, and a Sonos One, but there is no Sonos 1.