Skip to main content

volume inconsistencies and dropping sonos speaker

• 12 June 2024
  • 3 replies

When using the app on either android or IOS, I am unable to adjust volume consistently,if it’s lowered, the system puts it back to original setting. Or it will drop a sonos speaker once it was originally connected. Why is this happening? 

I am very disappointed with the new app. The basic functionality is not consistent. 

3 replies

You may be experiencing some network instability, causing the commands generated by your controller to not reach the Sonos in a timely manner. I’d recommend unplugging all your Sonos, and while they’re unplugged, reboot your router. Give the router a couple to come back up, then plug back in your Sonos. Give them a couple of minutes to reboot, then test. 

If this works, I’d recommend looking in to how to set up reserved IP addresses in your router’s manual.

Hi,

It sounds frustrating to deal with inconsistent volume control and connectivity issues. This could be due to a bug in the app or a conflict with your device settings. I recommend checking for any updates for the app and your device's operating system, as these updates often fix bugs and improve performance.

If the problem persists, try reinstalling the app or reaching out to the app’s support team for further assistance. They might have specific troubleshooting steps or be aware of ongoing issues with the app.

Hope this helps!

Suspiciously like a ‘bot’ response, with no real content.