Sonos v16

• 6 February 2024
  • 31 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Bad news for me my old iPad mini is now outdated as my media controller so had to use a full sized iPad now 😮‍💨 

My suspicion is that there were multiple issues. The fix worked for those with one specific problem, but not those with another connection issue. But if those folks don’t submit a diagnostic, and contact Sonos, we will never know. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

No argument there at all, in fact I ‘liked’ your original post. I’m just suggesting that there may have been multiple reasons why people weren’t able to connect using Bluetooth, but decided because there was already one reason, there was no need to look any further.

But it would be nice if Sonos would be a bit more responsive in saying what was in an update beyond ‘bug fixes’….something I’ve asked them to do many times. It would be unacceptable behavior in my previous software release processes.  So far, to no avail, but it won’t stop me from periodically bringing it up, or liking posts like yours in a similar vein.

I thought your response was to my OP not the Bluetooth issue😀

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I've requested a reboot option on the app but disappointed again to see it's not been added with this update. This would save owner's with the loss of connection issues having to do a complete power cycle.

I have sent diagnostics but it didn't show anything 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I've requested a reboot option on the app but disappointed again to see it's not been added with this update. This would save owner's with the loss of connection issues having to do a complete power cycle.

How would a remote reboot option work if the network connection to the device had been lost?

Perhaps it’s for the other Sonos devices that may be still working but support says needs to be rebooted as well. Or because the problem might be intermittent. I don’t know just spit ballin here. 

I’ve noticed a few changes since updating to version 16. 
On the plus side my Era 300 now finally works with my Sony turntable via BT.

On the down side I’ve noticed a dramatic decrease on the volume effect on my Arc. Got Arc connected with a Sub (gen 1) and two Sonos One as rear speakers. 
 Before the update I could barely get over 15 on the volume without fear of angering my neighbours. Now I can move the volume between 20 - 50 without hearing any difference and it’s still lower than it was before the update. Not even at 70 I feel the same power of the arc and sub as I did before the update.

Another thing that has happen is that both my ones fell out of the system and I’ve had to factory reset them to get them back as surround speakers. 
I have tried to factory reset the Arc and Sub now as well hoping it would have fixed it, but it didn’t.