Sonos v16

• 6 February 2024
  • 31 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

No argument there at all, in fact I ‘liked’ your original post. I’m just suggesting that there may have been multiple reasons why people weren’t able to connect using Bluetooth, but decided because there was already one reason, there was no need to look any further.

But it would be nice if Sonos would be a bit more responsive in saying what was in an update beyond ‘bug fixes’….something I’ve asked them to do many times. It would be unacceptable behavior in my previous software release processes.  So far, to no avail, but it won’t stop me from periodically bringing it up, or liking posts like yours in a similar vein.

I thought your response was to my OP not the Bluetooth issue😀

No argument there at all, in fact I ‘liked’ your original post. I’m just suggesting that there may have been multiple reasons why people weren’t able to connect using Bluetooth, but decided because there was already one reason, there was no need to look any further.

But it would be nice if Sonos would be a bit more responsive in saying what was in an update beyond ‘bug fixes’….something I’ve asked them to do many times. It would be unacceptable behavior in my previous software release processes.  So far, to no avail, but it won’t stop me from periodically bringing it up, or liking posts like yours in a similar vein.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

My suspicion is that there were multiple issues. The fix worked for those with one specific problem, but not those with another connection issue. But if those folks don’t submit a diagnostic, and contact Sonos, we will never know. 

We know there are multiple fixes as the release notes says “bug fixes”  

I’m saying Sonos should do us a solid and let us know what the fixes are so we can focus our attention on finding the new bugs they introduced with this release 🤣 

My suspicion is that there were multiple issues. The fix worked for those with one specific problem, but not those with another connection issue. But if those folks don’t submit a diagnostic, and contact Sonos, we will never know. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Era bluetooth bug with some devices like bt turntables is fixed. But there is different feedback yet over the community. For some users it worked but for others it didn’t. 

Era100 Alexa bug sadly isn’t fixed yet. 
But there was also following an update for Alexa app later same day. Maybe both together fixed it… haven’t tested this after the Amazon update. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Bad news for me my old iPad mini is now outdated as my media controller so had to use a full sized iPad now 😮‍💨